Chapter 1 : Prom Queen

Third Person POV-

Caroline stares off in to the moonlight. Everything seems okay with prom so far, until Elena decides to spoil the event. Her friendship with Elena is strained at the moment. Caroline thinks back to the night she tried to end her life. All everyone has lost and she gets to cut off her emotions and not feel. " Weak" Caroline mumbles under her breath.

Bonnie and Matt emerge from the car, smiling as they greet her. Caroline smiles and turns around for Bonnie.

"You found a dress after all." She says.

"Yes, thanks to Klaus." Caroline replies, drawing a confused look from Matt.

"What...we are friends now." She states. Hearing it out loud seems strange but not far from the truth. If she could forgive Damon, why couldn't she forgive Klaus.

Bonnie tugs her arm lightly "Lets go." Caroline and Bonnie link arms as Matt follows behind them in to the venue.

"It's beautiful...Care." Bonnie looks around as the lights shine down on the dance floor. Caroline is beaming, she is glad everyone looks to be having a good time. She glances over to Elena as her and the Salvatores are in a heated stand-off. Some things never change, she thinks as Matt offers to get her and Bonnie a drink.

"I'll join you!!" Bonnie yells to Matt before he is too far off.

Caroline walks around taking in all of her hard work. When she turns around Elena is standing in front of her smirking.

"Nice dress, sorry about that. I just felt I looked better in it." Elena says with venom in her voice. Caroline tilts her head a little looking over the bitch that was once her friend.

"Your right it does suit you better, thank you." She turns on her heels about to walk off when Elena tugs her arm slightly.

"That's it...thats all you have to say?" Elena stands there with a question mark on her face.

Caroline cuts her eyes at her, "Oh I'm sorry. You can't see. I'm very pleased with my dress. Sorry if you were expecting more." She jerks her arm back and walks off headed towards the terrace.

Her mind wonders off, she thinks back to everything she has been through this past week. She takes her phone out of her clutch. Looking down at it hoping he would send a text, but nothing. She called Tyler the night she left the Klaus' house, leaving him a message that it was okay to come back. Caroline sighs.

"Looking for me." Tyler says as he comes around closer to her. Caroline whips her head around and smiles. She runs over giving him a big hug and kiss. "I missed you so much, I needed you." She whispers in his ear. Tyler pulls back

"You look wonderful...Care." He says turning his head away from her.

Caroline looks at him, her eyes bright
"What is it?...Tyler?" She asks.

Elena stands there looking out at Caroline and Tyler. She walks over to Klaus who has just walked in. Scanning the crowd for Caroline. He turns towards Elena. "And what do owe the pleasure...Elena?" He smirks. Elena puts her hands on his shoulders causing Klaus to follow them. "Don't worry, it's not an evil plan to kill." She seethes in his ear. Klaus smirks turning towards her as he moves away. "Don't worry dear, you're not that smart."

"Just wanting to help out. Caroline is on the terrace..." She pauses giving him time to look. "With Tyler." She finishes. Just as Klaus is about to reply she is gone. He stands there looking out at them. All the things they had revealed to one another and she still loves him. He moves closer listening in on what he is telling her.

Tyler reaches for her hand and breathes heavy. "This is the hardest thing I have ever done." Tears reaching his eyes "I'm not coming back Care." He says.