Chapter 27- Closer than ever

Dedicated to @shruthiniva

'I thought this might be the best gift I could give you' said he as I took a deep intake of air. 'Some beautiful memories'

I smiled pleasantly,

'It is indeed the most beautiful moment, and the best gift ever' said I, he moved closer to me and held my hand.

'I didn't like the minute when he inserted this ring in your finger' he kept fiddling with the ring, I kept looking at him.

'I told you not to accompany me, why don't you understand?'

'Aren't you hurt?' he asked leaving me speechless.

'I can't tell you how much hurt I am, I feel cursed' said I with water filled in my eyes. 'Unlike others I don't even have the freedom to speak my heart. I am fed up with this life. I feel like going somewhere far where no one knows me, at least I won't be judged.' Seeing me get emotional Viren didn't like it.

'Forget about it, I have something else for you' said he, and hugged me from behind. He gradually moved a few hair strands to the other side and placed his chin on my shoulder. I looked sideways.

'What?'

He instantly placed his hand on my eyes and after a few seconds removed it. I turned towards him anxiously.

'I wanted to gift this to you in our engagement but see the game of fate. Today you are engaged to someone else' he said, and sounded was very upset.

'What is it? Show it to me, I am longing to see it' said I with a joyous smile. I wanted to distract him and bring him back to normal.

He gradually opened the box, it was a jewel box and I kept wondering of what could be inside it.

'This one's for you' said he taking a beautiful silver pendent from the box.

'This is gorgeous' said I and took it from him. We gazed at one another continuously. 'So if you have got it then help me in wearing it' I turned away from him and pushed my hair to one side.

He took the pendent from my hand and helped me in wearing it. Silence prevailed for a few seconds as my heart started pumping faster.

'I just want to love you more and more' he whispered thus bringing a smile on my face. He slowly moved his hands to my waist and pulled me closer to him. I could feel his warmth all over me, his breath touching my neck.

Netra stop him, this closeness might make things tougher for both of you, interrupted my inner voice. I couldn't resist myself away from him. I was longing for this love in my entire life and when I got it; my fate played a big game. I closed my eyes tightly, my breath rate was increasing and my heart was pumping faster than ever.

He bent more closely, his hands gripping my waist even more tightly and within a few seconds I felt something cold touching my neck. He kissed me hard; I was getting Goosebumps already. I had never experienced so much of love before, I just couldn't resist myself.

He slowly raised his lip and placed it on my cheek. The moon and stars were the only witnesses of our love at that time. His hands gradually moved up to my chest and he wrapped me around his arms. His lips moved to and fro from my cheeks to my neck.

Netra that's it, push him away from you, warned my inner voice. I instantly opened my eyes.

No, I can't get carried away. I have to keep myself away from you, I thought and placed my hand above his, and he lightened his grip and slowly freed me. I guess he understood that it was time for us to keep up that distance. Our closeness was a wrong sign.

I turned towards him, my eyes looking elsewhere.

'I am sorry again,' said he, I raised my eyeballs.

'I also lost control,' we looked at each other's for a few minutes and then he quickly walked forward. His both hands were on my cheeks and his eyes into mine.

There was complete silence for a few seconds after which he pressed his lips to mine. We kissed harder and harder till the moon hid itself behind the clouds.

In the meantime, at Mr. Srivastav's house everyone were worried and looking out for me.

------------------------------------------------

'A few more minutes please' said he, his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes and felt his breath pass over my cheeks.

'Viren, everyone would be looking out for us' I whispered, he didn't reply. He slowly helped me lie on the banks of that lake and bent closer.

Our eyes staring one another's, 'You're mine, only mine' said he and kissed me on the side of my neck. His hands were gripping my waist tightly.

'Viren, stop.....' I pushed him away from me. He was just above me and we were staring at one another.

'I will not let you marry anyone else' said he, and pulled out my engagement ring. I stared in dismay as he threw it into the lake. 'I can withstand anything but not losing you'

'No, that can't happen' I woke up instantaneously from my sleep. I looked around, there was no one there.

I was startled with that dream though nothing of that sort happened. But still our closeness today after the engagement had left me baffled. I wondered if I could ever keep up the distance from him.

'Are you fine Netra?' asked Anuya in half sleep. Today we slept together at my house itself, as it was very late and moreover she was lazy to open the lock of her house.

'I am good' I gasped, and wiped off the sweat from my face.

What a dream it was? I wasn't able to get over it.

'Sleep yaar, this is just the pre wedding nervousness. The next two days are going to be hectic, don't forget that and have a sound sleep.' She murmured with her eyes closed.

Yes, the next two days are going to be hectic as I am getting married day after tomorrow. Today the priest said that the closet auspicious day is in two days. After which we would have to wait for six months. Mom and Rohit's family were alright with the nearest date as we were going to have a simple court marriage. But for me everything was damn fast.