Chapter 18- Mission -self realisation

'Netra I am sorry, I know I should have told you earlier but I tried to, trust me' Anuya walked behind me as soon as I entered the staff room. It was break, and almost all the staffs were present there.

'I don't want to talk to you' said I, and sat on my chair. I had to act as if I was angry or else she would have doubted on me.

'Netra, you love him...' said she, I instantly dropped the spoon from my hand.

'I don't love him,' said I, and started gulping the food. It was clear from my actions that I was in the state of panic and she understood it.

'Really? But I can see the nervousness in you whenever I say that you love him' said she, I didn't pause and kept eating.

'Netra, enough of eating and now listen to me' she snatched the spoon from my hand, 'when you are in love then why don't you accept? I know you are worried of losing him but trust me Viren will never leave you. Netra, it's tuff to move on and make someone your life but you can give him a chance right? How could you break all ties with him?'

'No,' I replied nervously 'I don't love him, I don't' I kept telling

'Stop telling this to yourself and accept to the fact'

'No' I shut both my ears 'I don't love him, I can't' I shouted, all the staffs in that room reacted to my loud scream.

'Is everything alright Netra ma'am?' asked one of them, I nodded and hurried out of the room.

Anuya came running behind me 'you can't run away every time, learn to face the truth Netra' said she, I stopped where I was.

'Anuya, I don't love him and that is the truth. Please don't come behind me' said I and turned when suddenly I spotted Viren.

'It's okay, I heard you and I also know that you are lying. I mean, your eyes and your words don't correlate' said he, I stood still as he walked towards me.

'I can't lose you Netra' he whispered. His eyes gazing mine, I was completely lost.

'Give this relationship a chance,' said Anuya and I instantly came into my senses.

'I don't want to talk to anybody, leave me alone' said I and hurried inside the staff room again. They stood baffled.

What was Viren doing in my school? Why did he come here? I kept thinking when suddenly our last conversation came into my head.

'I will never let you forget me and you will accept your feelings one day' this was one of our goodbye conversations.

It was a very long day for me, it looked like the time wasn't moving and was stuck. The break ended slowly and throughout we kept arguing on the same topic.

---------------------------------------------------

I had just finished my last class for the day; the last hour was a free hour for me. Hence I took Ravinder singh's authored book "Can love happen twice" and started reading it. I had developed a recent addiction for his books, and loved his depth.

'Wow, romantic novels?' a voice interrupted, it was Anuya. I ignored her and continued reading.

'The girl who reads Romantic book is not able to realize that she herself is in love? These are the side effects of being in love, you start seeing more of romantic movies, romantic books etc' she mocked, I was getting furious.

'Oh really? Where is it written that only those who are in love can read romantic books and watch such films?' She didn't have an answer.

'Forget about it, I am sorry Netra' said she placing her hand over mine. I couldn't continue my acting anymore, I was losing control.

'Look, I am sorry as well. I spoke very rudely to you' said I and we exchanged smiles with each other.

'Fight resolved' said she, and quickly hugged me.

'You know something,' I paused as she released me gradually 'Mom and Sanket came home yesterday' said I, a sudden change of expression on her face.

'What? Did he create any problem?'

'No, he came to invite me for his wedding'

'Wedding? ' asked she. I hadn't told Anuya about Srishty yet and hence she knew nothing about his wedding.

'Yes, they were looking for a bride for him since six months and now they have invited me, for societal purposes' said I

'As usual' said she, 'By the way when is the wedding and where is it held?'

'It's happening in Sagar mandap on the day after tomorrow' said I, she thought for a second and then took her phone. She kept surfing for a few minutes.

'It is one of the most costly mandap's in the Capital city,' said she.

'When I had no shelter then I was a burden to him. I used to pay rent in my own house and stay like a PG and now he has so much money to spend on his wedding' said I with a smirk. 'I knew that this would happen'

'Are you hurt Netra? I mean, if you don't want to go then its fine.' said she, I nodded horizontally.

'I am not hurt, I just know how greedy my family is that's it' said I when suddenly the bell rang.

'It's time I have to pick up Aarohi.' said I and took my bag. 'See you at home' I waved her and started.

After reaching the school, I picked up Aarohi and started to home instantly. I didn't want to face Viren as I feared that I would spill out everything from my heart.

--------------------------------------------------

'Bhaiya, stop here' said I to the auto driver and paid him. Aarohi ran upstairs. She had been questioning about Viren throughout our way back home, I was feeling bad but couldn't help it. I had to keep her away from him.

'Vir...' a sudden scream left me alarmed. I rushed upstairs and to my shock Viren was right there. He had come to take his Violin from Anuya and unfortunately Aarohi had spotted him.

'Hey princess' he lifted her and kissed on her cheek.

'Where were you Vir? I was looking out for you'

'I was a bit held up with the inauguration works, I am so sorry my doll' he pulled her cheeks while she was enjoying in his arms.

'Well , did you miss me?' asked he with one eyebrow lifted.

'Yes, a lot' said she and hugged him.

'It's time for lunch Aarohi, you even have your homework left.' said I interfering their conversation, and took her with me. Viren just kept staring at me without uttering a single word.

'That's it Anuya, I will make her confess her feelings tomorrow. I can't tolerate her silence anymore, she has to speak up' said he, I instantly shut the door behind me.

'I hope you heard me Ms. Netra,' he shouted, I started breathing heavily 'I will make you confess your heart tomorrow, that's a promise' said he and there was pin drop silence after that.

Do whatever you can, but I am very firm in my thoughts, I murmured and went to change my dress. I had informed the principal today that I would be on leave tomorrow, and thankfully she granted me an off. Tomorrow morning was his pre wedding reception and evening was his wedding, and hence I had to pack our dresses accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------

Mission self realisation.....:)

Will Viren succeed?

How was the chapter? Do comment