"No, I didn't." He replied.

"Oh, what a shame," Baekhyun said, lowering his head. He sat down on the beach and looked up again.

"Want to hear something funny?" Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol lay beside him.

"Of course."

" As a child, I tried to count the stars...several times," Baekhyun told.

"For real?"

"Yes, how stupid I was, huh?" Baekhyun said and laughed at himself. Yet it wasn't an amusing laugh. Even the drunken Chanyeol could hear the sadness in it. For a while, all they heard were the waves and the wind playing with the trees. Baekhyun didn't know why he'd told Chanyeol that, it wasn't really a funny story. On the contrary, it was a sad story about a pathetic little boy who had repeatedly tried to count the stars, because the last thing his mother had said to him was that he should never forget how much she loved him. If he ever forgot, he should look at the stars; because she loved him that much.

"I even reached over 100. What an idiot I was." Chanyeol hated watching such a cheerful person as Baekhyun being so sad.

"If you want, I'll count them for you." In retrospect, the idea was clearly nonsense. But when you're drunk, every nonsense seemed to be logical.

Baekhyun looked at him questioningly and when he realized that Chanyeol had exceeded his alcohol limit, his smile was back again. This time, a real one.

"Yes, please." Baekhyun joked and Chanyeol began to count the stars.

...

"25, 26, 27," Chanyeol counted, pointing with his finger at the sky.

"But Channie, 28 comes after 26" Baekhyun couldn't resist the temptation to fool the drunken Chanyeol.

"You're right. I'll start from the beginning." Chanyeol said. The moment he heard Baekhyun beautiful laugh, he was very proud of himself.

"1, 2 ... Why am I seeing double? These glasses are broken." With that, he removed his glasses and threw them into the water. Baekhyun gasped, putting his hand on his mouth. He didn't mean that to happen. Maybe he went too far. But still, that was pretty funny. As Chanyeol continued counting despite his week eyesight, Baekhyun pulled down his hand which was still pointing at the stars.

"That's enough, Chanyeol, I was just kidding. You don't have to count the stars." Baekhyun confessed.

"But I want to count them for you," Chanyeol replied.

"But I don't want to know how many of them are there. Besides, it's crazy." Baekhyun said with a smile.

"Then tell me what else I can do for you."

"Why do you want to do something for me?"

"Because you look so sad." Chanyeol's answer puzzled Baekhyun. He? Sad? Never had anyone said that to him? He considered himself as a cheerful person and apparently people thought the same about him. The only exception was this stranger, whom he had just met a few days ago.

"I'm not sad." Baekhyun smiled to prove his assertion.

"And why are your eyes looking like they want to cry?" Chanyeol asked.