Knowledge

They arrived at the hotel and Baekhyun thought he dropped his jaw on the ground. If someone asked him how he imagined heaven, he'd probably have described this place. White and soft sand, water as clear as glass and the perfect combination of warm sunlight on his skin with fresh wind; it was a flawless masterpiece of nature.
"Welcome to Maldives, Mister Do and Mister Park," greeted the man in the black suit. The nameplate said Da-something, but Baekhyun couldn't read it without his glasses.

"Have you been here before, Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shook his head.

"No, it has been a while since my last time abroad." He thought of his last and only time flying to a foreign county. He was 16 and traveled to London all by himself to look for his mother. After almost two months he was literally carried home by his father's employees. Since then he had never had the chance to go aboard again. He still remembered the fight with his father when he got home. They fought a lot, and that one of the worst.

"Give me the fucking passport." Baekhyun heard his father clearly.

"No. What do you want with it?" he asked.

"I'll burn that shit." Baekhyun clenched his teeth. His dad meant it. He would throw his passport into the fire without hesitation.

"You don't have the right to do that. If you don't look for mother, I'll do it. I don't give a fuck about what you want."

"What mother? She left you when you were five. You can't even remember her."

"She left you. Not me. Because she couldn't bear with you anymore. It's all because of you, I am motherless. Fuck you!" Baekhyun yelled.

"Shut up, ungrateful brat." His father pried the passport out of his hands and threw it into the burning fireplace.

After that, Baekhyun had tried many times to make a new passport, but it never worked out. He had no idea how his father did it, but that didn't astonish him. After all, money could buy anything.

"I have never been here either. This is a beautiful location, isn't it?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes, it's incredible," Baekhyun answered. In order to stay at this heaven-like place, he'd gratefully play Do Kyungsoo for a bit longer.

The hotel manager led them to their villa which was above the crystal ocean. While Chanyeol and the hotel manager were talking about what should be for lunch, Baekhyun took off his shirt with lightning speed and jumped into the water. He let out a loud cry. The water was colder than he'd expected, but that was definitely the refreshment he needed.

It stunned Chanyeol. "Kyungsoo" showed no sign of fatigue, but he himself was dead tired. Yet somehow "Kyungsoo" infected him with his energy and before he knew it, he leaped in the water. After their little fun, Chanyeol called the reception to ask them to serve the food. In the meantime, Baekhyun took a bath. After a while, Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun still hadn't come out. He worried and knocked on the door.

"Kyungsoo, is everything ok?" No one answered.

"Kyungsoo?" Still not a word. Chanyeol sensed something was off.

"I'm coming in," he said and opened the door. He couldn't help but smile as he found the other boy asleep in the bathtub.

"Kyungsoo," he gently shook Baekhyun's shoulder. "Sleep on the bed."

Still, there wasn't a reaction. All of Chanyeol's attempts to wake Baekhyun up were unsuccessful. In the end, he wiped Baekhyun dry and carried the naked boy to the king size bed. His face felt like it was burning. He hadn't expected to see all of his husband so soon. He covered Baekhyun with the blanket and turned down the air conditioner so that Baekhyun wouldn't catch a cold. He must have been really tired. Well, after two flights and a wedding? No surprise. He was only human.