Adrien!!

Marinette and Leo slowed down to a stop in front of the bakery. Marinette's face was flushed pink from running seven extra laps.

Leo smiled as he wiped his forehead, "Woke up earlier to run more?"

Marinette returned the smile and twisted her opal bracelet around her wrist, "Yeah, yeah I did."

Leo's eyes traveled from Marinette's face to her bracelet.

"Wow, that beautiful! Is that Opal? Where did you get that?"

Marinette looked down at her bracelet and memories of a certain black cat flashed through her mind.

"A friend- A friend of my gave it to me for my birthday. It's my birthstone."

Leo's eyes lit up, "October! What date is your birthday?"

Marinette looked up, surprised by Leo's enthusiasm, "October 8th." She answered shyly.

"That's in four days!"

"Y-yeah, it is," Marinette stepped into the bakery, opening the door for Leo.

"Thanks"

"N-no problem"

Leo picked out a few bagels, "Well listen, I have a photo shoot that day around nighttime. It's for Gabriel Agreste's new clothing line. He really admires you. The other boys will be there too. Do you want to come and invite your friends?"

Marinette beamed, Chloe loved modeling and Alya loved being with Nino.

"Of course! I mean thank you so much, Chloe and Alya will love it. T-this is so thoughtful of you!"

Leo grinned as the two walked out of the bakery, "I'm glad you'll be there. Happy four days early Birthday!"

Marinette let out a small giggle, "Thanks Leo, see you at school!"

- -

Marinette burst into the girl's house. Alya and Chloe were already at the table, pouring each other milk and brewing coffee.

"WE'REGOINGTOAPHOTOSHOOT!!"

Alya set down her mug and chuckled, "Woah girl, hold your horses. We're going to a what now?"

Chloe walked over and took the bagels from Marinette, laughing, "Eat some food and slow down!"

Marinette sat at the table and spilled the story. Chloe jumped in her seat with excitement. And Alya rushed to the bathroom to check if she had any pimples.

Marinette giggled and bit down on her bagel, "It's not until four days, you know!"

- -

Two days later

Adrien sat on his bed with Lila.

"I'm thinking, what should I get for Marinette?"

Lila edged closer to Adrien and looked at his phone, "Ooo! That necklace would really go well with her eyes!"

Adrien smiled, seeing that Lila had gotten nicer and sweeter towards Marinette.

"But I want to get her something more y'know."

Lila squinted and looked at the ceiling, thinking.

-Lila's POV-

I stared at the ceiling, not wanting Adrien to see the envy in my eyes. No matter what I did to make Adrien fall in love with me, I always saw the way he looked at Marinette. Those longing green eyes. I wanted those eyes to long for me. Not that brat Marinette. I had to find a way to get crazier about me and not care about Marinette.