[ just go with it ]

this shot was originally written about bbc's robin hood (my all time favorite show wOw), but i figured i could tweak it.

words: 589

. . .

"Travis, we're gonna get caught," I hissed, following the auburn-haired menace's steps into the Big House.

"All we're doing is seeing if Chiron has any interesting plans I need to know about." Shrugging off my warning, he began rummaging through the papers on the centaur's desk. "Kates, if there's something big coming up, I've gotta be prepared to take any prank advantages I can with it."

If someone found us in Chiron's private office, we'd be in huge trouble. He was fond of his secrecy and space from the campers. Travis, however, couldn't wait to get his hands on the new announcements.

"Who's there?"

Chiron's voice echoed down the hallway, obviously near us and coming closer. As his hooves slowly clopped louder, I began freaking out. I knew Travis' curiosity would get us in deep. Frowning and facing my boyfriend, I prepared myself to smite him.

Travis' eyes gleamed as he set down a piece of paper he'd been reading. His grin unsettled me, but I trusted the idea clearly forming in his head. "I have a plan."

Still, I wasn't ready for him to grab me and pull our bodies flush together.

"Stoll, what are you–"

He effectively shut me up by letting out a husky breath and backing me into the desk, hands working their way up my spine. With no last thoughts and a shiver running down my body, he pressed his lips to mine.

Styx, his kisses. They never failed to stop me in my tracks and take me away from reality. I hated that there wasn't a thing I wanted more than to feel his breath on my face, his searing lips on me as if I was the only reason he lived. His fingers nimbly tangled in and out of my hair, mussing its already-messy bun. I got lost in the moment and didn't want to be found.

He broke apart only to whisper gruffly, "Just go with it."

And again, I got swept away in him.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

I cursed under my breath; I'd let Travis take my mind off of trying to get out of the office while there was still a chance of not being found out. Why didn't I just stop him, remember what we were doing?

Chiron came into the room, eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed. As much as it annoyed me, I instinctively curled into Travis' chest, looking for any sign of his plan. He chuckled.

"Oops. Sorry, Chiron." Travis scratched the back of his neck, playing the coy victim. "We were just... erm..."

Chiron smirked and shook his head. "You two and your escapades. Come on, you aren't supposed to be in here."

I squinted at Travis as he slung his arm around me and winked. "We'll be out in a sec."

"Sure, you will be." To my dismay, Chiron only laughed before leaving us alone again.

The silence that followed was interrupted by Travis' "ow!" after I elbowed him in the side.

"You're an idiot."

"You're a spoilsport." His smile never left his face as he came up to me once more. "And you always call me that. Be more original – how about hot stuff, champion of the sword, or the love of your life?"

When he got close enough to my face, I put a finger to his lips. "And what do you think you're doing?"

His eyes danced, and as close as he was to closing the gap between us, he whispered, "Just go with it, Katie-kat."