prologue | the art of highschool

W E L C O M E

Hey there! I'm extremely grateful you decided to pick up this book, thank you! I'll try and turn this into an FAQ if enough people ask things :)

This is just a few technical things to do with the book and obviously the blurb.

0.1   B L U R B

Being a seventeen year old is hard enough, coupled with your parent's expectations, navigating senior year (boys included) and an intense obsession with being student body president. Adanna thought she had it all figured out, but lately, with the heat being turned on by her Nigerian parents and an extremely turbulent lovelife, she wonders if she's lost sight of her original plan.

0.2   M Y  T W O  C E N T S

This book is pretty much YA romance book with a sprinkle of coming of age themes and it includes diverse characters with their own struggles. I  cover and touch on topics such as sexuality, race and individuality. Essentially the messiness of young adolescence, hopefully, you will be able to grow along with my characters who I try to make flawed just like you and I. I would appreciate if you gave the book a chance as I progressively attempt to improve it. It takes time for one's character to develop, so give the characters their own time to do so as well.

0.3   S T A T U S

(This book was primarily created to be entered into the wattys2019)

started: June 17th 3019

writing: YES

edited: UP TO DATE

finished: NO

0.4   B O O K  C O V E R

All covers displayed in this book are all created by me (nearlys)  unless specified otherwise, I am open to making book covers for you if you hit me up, or if you comment on any open graphic thread I have (I will keep you posted in the discussion tab!)

Feel free to send me covers that you've made for the book and I'll try and include them!

0.5   T R I G G E R  W A R N I N G S

I do think It's worth mentioning that underage drinking will be mentioned or alluded to, though most of the characters are of age to drink where I'm from (Ireland, Europe.) It is only upon revision that I realised the legal age in the States and Canada is 21. There is also mild cursing. Mild substance use i.e. tobacco, nicotine, marijuana etc.

Mild references to Eating Disorders, in particular, Bulimia Nervosa, I would recommend that you contact a helpline or a trusted authority figure if you are currently struggling from one. You are not your disorder and you will and can beat it.

As well as this mild drug and tobacco use will be mentioned in the book. This is not a free all card to copy or mimic the behaviours of certain characters, I'm simply attempting to display a character's behaviours usually with reference to environmental factors in their lives.

If I left anything out, feel free to notify me! :)

0.6   L E G A L I S H  S T U F F

Copyright © 2019

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

0.7   N O T E

Hope you give this book a chance and happy reading. Also, feel free to message me at any time, my dms are always open :)!

Chidindu