Why Demon House Guests are Bad Company

Start from the beginning

"This place looks even nicer on the inside," said a smooth voice.

See? It could be anybody.

"I now know where Myra acquired her habit of rambling," drawled a low tone.

Well, I am quite well known for my rambling.

"Hello, you must be the mother of my darling Myra! I can see where Myra gets her totally sexy appeal from."

"Noooo!" Myra clutched her head and slowly melted to the floor in the hopes that it would swallow her whole.

"Myraaaa," her mother droned. "What have I told you about picking up stray boys from the side of the road and bringing them home?"

Eh?!! Myra's mind screamed That's never happened before! And it certainly wasn't on purpose. What is she talking about?

"I'm sorry if my daughter led you to believe that you were welcome here. Normally I would have no problem with her inviting over guests, but the house is such a mess and..."

⌘⌘⌘

Myra's Point of View

Hey, Myra here! I just figured out what my mom was talking about. So while she's droning on and on about who knows what, I'll explain.

She doesn't like insulting or reprimanding people straight to their faces. Instead she prefers to smile and say something that she thinks wittily eludes her actual proclamation. In reality, she is just plain confusing (much like my explanation).

But luckily I am able to (sometimes) understand what she is saying. Let me translate...

1st phrase: "Myraaaa, what have I told you about picking up stray boys from the side of the road and bringing them home?"

Translation: "Young lady! How dare you show up past curfew? Not only that, but with a pack of dangerous looking hoodlums! Get them out of the house NOW!"

2nd phrase: "I'm sorry if my daughter led you to believe that you were welcome here. Normally I would have no problem with her inviting over guests, but the house is such a mess and..."

Translation: "Look here you dangerous hoodlums! You are NOT welcome here. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with my daughter, but it is very late at night, and even though she is technically an adult, we have rules in this house that she must still abide by. So GET LOST!"

I think that Sam understood what she was saying (that guy can read minds. I'm sure of it!). Because when she was done with her little speech he came right up to her and looked her in the eye.

⌘⌘⌘

Without blinking Sam stared at Myra's mother and said, "Mrs. Gibbons, I am truly sorry that because of us your daughter came home at such a late hour. I assure you that there is no need to be concerned with our presence. And since you are obviously tired, you may now feel free to retire for the night."

Mrs. Gibbons, whose face had been looking quite blank ever since Sam started staring at her, suddenly snapped out of her reverie. "Of course there's no need to be concerned! Not with such fine young gentlemen as yourselves keeping my daughter safe." She yawned, "I'll be going to bed now. Have fun. I'm sorry that there is no dinner left, Myra's sister Edith brought it with her to a late night study session. Oh, but do help yourselves to the ice cream in the freezer. Just try not to be too loud, Myra's father and I need to get up early tomorrow for work."

After Mrs. Gibbons practically flounced out of the kitchen and up the stairs, it was Myra's turn to snap back to attention. Raising an eyebrow, she asked, "Sam, what the BLEEP did you just do to my mom?"

"I simply assured her that we could be trusted." He said in his typical monotone voice.

Myra got the impression that whatever he did actually included more of a 'mesmerizing' effect similar to the 'charm' Dru had tried on her.

"Speaking of refreshments..." Dru cooed with a sly grin. Myra, thinking that Dru was going to glomp her again, quickly stepped behind Sam who had been standing beside her. "...I would very much like to try this 'iced cream' your mother suggested," he finished. Myra let out a sigh of relief.

"That's a great idea." Meris beamed, obviously ignorant of Myra's previous nervous reaction. "We can have a party to celebrate our releasing!"

⌘⌘⌘

45 minutes later

"I can't believe they ate all of my ice cream. It was a 5 gallon tub for Smurfs' sake! Plus, it was my favorite kind." Myra was muttering to herself in the bathroom. She had escaped there, not only to relieve herself, but to catch a breath and attempt to recover her waning sanity. "Sure it was nice that Meris helped clean the dishes afterward. But he was the one who had eaten practically half of the tub himself." It was hard for her to stay mad at him though, he just looked so cute while practically inhaling the stuff. And with the hugest fang-y grin all the while.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud thumping coming from upstairs. "What is it now?" she huffed while quickly leaving the bathroom and racing up the steps. The noise was coming from the end of the hall, her room.

Swinging open her bedroom door, Myra found a quite disturbing sight. Dru was sitting at the head of her bed, with Meris at the foot. They were laughing and bouncing each other higher and higher. A quiet scream escaped her lips while she ran over to them. Then she frantically whispered, "Stop that! You're going to wake up my parents. What are you freaks doing in my room anyway?"

The two trouble-making demons immediately stopped their activity and looked up at her with mournful eyes, Meris even managed to make his lower lip quiver. "Is that really what you think of us as? Freaks?"

"No...well in all honesty yes, but..." She scanned the room hoping to find something that would deliver her from her awkward predicament. At this point her eyes landed on Sam who was quite absorbed in perusing her (rather large) collection of graphic novels. Forgetting her current problem, she almost laughed while noticing that he was reading out of the first volume of "Miracle Girls."

Perhaps sensing Myra's gaze, Sam raised his eyes from the book. Placing it back on the shelf, he approached her and asked, "Myra, could you please escort us to your guest quarters?"

"Why~?" She inquired slowly, although she did not want to know the answer.

"Because no matter how much those two plead with me, I am not going to let either of them stay in your room." While a round of unhappy 'aww's sounded behind her, Myra attempted to figure out exactly what Sam meant by 'stay.'

There's one thing I know for sure though, she thought as she led them down to the basement, I don't care how much they insist they aren't real demons tomorrow at the library, I plan on researching "exorcism."