Unnecessary

** Sakura's POV **

My body feels like it was strained for years when I woke up last night. The last thing I remember was telling Sasuke some information about the poison and jokingly told him that I hope both him and Shiro knows how to take of me.

Then my mind faded into black, dreams-- my nightmares as far as I my mind can recall visited me apparently due to my condition and of course the poison. I can only remember fragments of those scenes but it was about the war, the feeling is horrible... going back to those scenes again. Also, as far as I can remember, the nightmares stop when unexpectedly, my mind jump to another scene wherein Sasuke hug me, embracing me tightly . . . but that moment felt so real-- it seems I heard him say that he is sorry. I can totally recall the feeling of comfort in that scene, like he really mean it... but if dreams were just real.

"Thank you Shiro."

Shiro visited me this morning at the hospital after Naruto had left. He just responded by giving me a puzzled look.

I laughed at his reaction. "For taking care of me."

"Ah... yeah," I saw him scratch the back of his head, "I didn't do anything that much, just to bring food and send messages. It should be Taichou that you are thanking, Sakura-san."

This time I was the one who give him a puzzled look.

"He actually never left your side, the only time was when he changed his clothes...but that was the only time."

"I would do the same for my team." I responded smiling, still amuse by the fact that Sasuke have done that.

"He really cares for you. Well, I guess since you were team mates since childhood."

I hope he really does.

One thing, I don't like where the conversation is going.

"...and also when I got back from the village, I believe you were having a bad dream that time, and Uchiha-san was there embra-"

"Sakura-chan! I forgot the fruit basket that you were giving to meee!" It was Naruto at the same time the door flew open.

"Naruto-san!" Shiro bowed in greetings.

"Eh, Shiro! I told you no more formalities, dattebayo!"

--**--

He was probably right, I should have stayed at home or at the hospital. Since I'm feeling awfully tired.

I inwardly sigh, accepting defeat from my argument with Sasuke this afternoon- the realization took hours to sink in... Just a little too late, but he was right.

I cannot describe the expression in his face when he saw me down the streets with Jiro accompanying me.

"I thought you ought to be in the hospital resting." Came a voice as we exited the bread shop.

"I've rest enough and I've already talk to Tsunade-sama." I explained smoothly as I watch him glaring at my companion.

"You were under my team when you got injured, it's my responsibility to make sure you won't do something... unnecessary."

I laughed with his words, so it means that I really tend to do 'unnecessary' thing.

"Well, I barely knew that getting food for my empty refrigerator is unnecessary since it I surely need something to eat for me do unnecessary things." I said as my voice started to rise. "Right, Taichou?"