Medical Research

It was before noon when Sakura woke up with a creeping sense of uneasiness. Everything seems to be normal inside her room and was certain that there are no messenger nin around sent by Tsunade to fetch her.

Ruling out that the feeling is due to the exhaustion from work this week and let go of it. This exhaustion coincides with her plan to stay in her apartment to rest and put together the learning she collected over the course of her medical research.

Well, not unless Naruto and Ino barge their way and drag her out to stroll around the village or train themselves to exhaustion during her much needed day off.

Her apprehension earlier was slowly fading but not until she reached out for her bedside table to turn off the lamp that alarmed her once again. Pretty sure its light were left on as she slept on medical scroll that she's been reading for her study.

Sakura take a look around and just like before nothing seems off the wall and shrugs the feeling, thinking that she probably turned it off and too sleepy to remember.

She started her day by cooking for herself a brunch and made a short visit to the market to restock her food. It was a luck that she did not ran into someone who could delay her return to the apartment as she is determined to use her free time and add at least an improvement to a specific task she asked the Godaime.

To some, her notes are filled with medical terms, jargons that only medical ninja understood. Making it that way as this is a special mission and investigation. Looking at it, the entries in her journal seems to get her to nowhere and it's been a month when she started doing this research. Admittedly, her need to get to the bottom of it is stressing her.

Miragenzou, there is not enough medical information about it and its effect. Though, everything seems to be fine at least physically, she refuses to believe that Sasuke got out of that kekkai genkai mentally unscathed. Not to add that she can't make a direct observation and she rarely see him around.

Tables have turned. You're looking for him now, huh? Her inner thoughts interjected which she ignored right away to avoid distracting her work.

Sakura remember how Jiro explained to her that there are only few of them from their clan, most of them living the civilian lives, not wanting to get involved in the chaotic world of ninja anymore. It was only his uncle who pursued the aspiration of reviving the kekkai genkai but failed eventually.

The ability is passed through bloodline, Jiro doubt that there are other from their clan who posses it who's willing to step out and become a ninja.

"There are still people from our family that got that skill, but who knows... They may keep it hidden or too settled to a civilian life that they don't want to develop it." Jiro told her the night before him and his family went back to Midakagure.

If Sakura can't figure out the full details about the effects of the kekkai genkai, she is hopeful that at the conclusion of her research, she would like to know how to treat anyone who will suffer the same effect in the future.

-oo-

Sakura was slightly miffed when she was summoned by the Hokage in the middle of attending to her patients during a busy schedule. Not that she doesn't want to prioritize the call, she just want the Godaime to understand her when it comes to completing her tasks. But nevertheless, she was still glad that the Hokage was considerate enough to assign someone who will replace her.

"Sakura..."

Deep in her thoughts on her way to the Hokage's office, she failed to realize that Sasuke was standing in front of her. She was not able to detect his chakra at all, which was unusual.