A Mother and Daughter Day

*knock* *knock*

Cleo: May I come in, June? I haven't seen you in days.

June: I want to be alone

Cleo: You've got family out here who are willing to help you, June. Please don't hide away from us.

June: Why are you here anyway? Don't you have to teach Steven something important, like always?

'For the love of Ra, what did I do to deserve this child?'

Cleo: Not this time, I want to show you something special back on Egyxos.

June: Are you sure?

Cleo: No one knows about it, except for a select few people and I am choosing to show the special place to you. Not even your father or Steven have seen this place.

A few moments later, June opened her door and I opened a portal to my special room. It was my special room because it shows its owner what it wants to see.

June: What is this place?

Cleo: It's my special room which I had built before I gave birth to you, and now I'm showing this to you thirteen years later.

June: Really?! Thank you, mother.

Cleo: It's all quite alright, June. What do you want to see?

June: What do you mean?

Cleo: Let me show you. Room, please show me and my daughter, June, my wedding day.

A large mirror appeared before us and the video of my wedding day. The video had started to show us everything that had happened that day. I looked down at June to gage her reaction, and she was entranced by what was happening.

June: This is you and father?

Cleo: Indeed it is, and the wedding was full of surprises.

June: What do you mean?

Cleo: Keep watching

As we continued to watch the video, Shu came into the scene though the ceiling and everyone ran out of the room. Everyone that is, except for myself, Leo, Anubi, Kefer and a few of the other boys from Egyxos.

~ ~ ~

Looking though the memories of my mother was a wonder to experience. I never knew that Mother and Father had gotten along so well, and that they used to be on opposite sides before Father had joined Mother and the others.

'My Mother is so cool'

Mother: What do you think?

June: You . . . are . . . amazing. How did you learn to fight like that? Plus, you had so many different fairy forms as well. Can you teach me how to fight like that?

Mother: Everything that I learnt was taught to me by Apis, and besides, why don't we go to the arena now and see what he's up to?

June: Okay, sure

Mother opened a portal to the arena, and Apis was already there with some of the children from the city.

Apis: Glad you could join us, Cleo and June. We were about to start the lesson, would you like to join us today, June?

I looked at my mother and she nodded.

June: Sure thing, Apis. What are we doing today?

Apis: Tody we are partnering up and challenging each other in a duel. As an example, would you like to be my opponent, Cleo?

Cleo: Sure thing, Apis. Did you want me to dawn my armour, or . . .

Apis: I don't see why not, I may as well dawn mine too. Power of Egyxos!

Cleo: Fairy of Egyxos!

Seeing my mother transform before my very eyes was better than watching a video of it. When she and Apis had finished with dawning their armour, I found mother to look absolutely beautiful.

Apis: Alright children, go and find a safe place to sit yourselves down, while Cleo and I will begin with the demonstration.

Us: Okay!

Once all of us had found a safe place to sit down, Mother and Apis started to pace around the messy arena. They were wondering around the arena for so long that I didn't know what either of them were going to do.

Apis: You ready, Cleo?

Cleo: Is that even a question, Apis? Of course I'm ready, you're the one who taught me how to fight remember . . . Lemonade Shining!

Apis: You could do with better aim there, Cleo . . . Attack of the Bull!

Mother had managed to doge the attack I was for sure Apis would get her with, as she had flown up in the nick of time.

Mother: What was that about aim, Apis? Whoa . . . calm down there, Apis.

Apis had now taken out his bow and arrow and shot four arrows at mother. Mother started to fly at strange patterns in the sky, and I wondered if Apis was allowed to even do that. I wondered if mother has dealt with this at all before.

Kid to the Left: Of course he's allowed to do that, it is his arena after all. And besides, your mother seems to be quite capable of herself.

June: Forgive me for being curious, and I don't quite remember asking for you to read my thoughts now did I

Kid to the Left: . . .

June: Thought so

Mother: No need to be so rude to Joules, June. Apologise this instant otherwise there will be consequences

June: Humph . . .

Mother: June

'Even when she's fighting, she can still manage to adult'

~ ~ ~

June: Why don't I get to fight with the others?

Cleo: Not only did you attack a fellow student learning to fight, I will not tolerate you attacking someone by shapeshifting into their nightmares.

June: It wasn't my fault, they just . . . rubbed me the wrong way

Cleo: All the more reason why I should discipline you. Attacking another student just because they rubbed you the wrong way, does not qualify as a reason as to attack them.

Kefer: What seems to be the matter here?

~ ~ ~ ~

Ra: Ah, that's the reason.

Anubi: Why would you do such a thing, June?

June: I wouldn't have done it if Joules hadn't spoken. Or read my mind for that matter.

Ra: So that's the name of the mind reader.

Cleo: What was that, Ra?

Ra: I heard rumours of a child who had the ability to read minds, but I never got a name of the child.

Cleo: But shouldn't you have already known it, since . . . you know . . . you're the king of Egyxos.

Kefer: When ruling over this kingdom myself, I never really got to know the names of the subjects who lived here.

Exaton: Which is exactly why you're the favourite.

Cleo: Do we want a repeat of history?

Exaton: I guess not

Cleo: Then let yourself ask three questions, is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary? Let what you're going to say pass through these gates, and if it's no for all three of the questions, you might want to reconsider about letting it through.

Ra: Wise words, Cleo.

Cleo: Thank you, Ra