What is June doing? Pt. 2

I'm not sure what could have caused both Exaton and Kefer to suffer. It was only several years ago that these two were at each other's throats, however, certain events happened and these two are getting along fine.

All I want to know is how they happened to get the same convulsion. And have it happen at the same time no less. I want to know the reasoning behind this, and I want to know who the guilty party is by the time we arrive home.

Leo: Calm down, Cleo. I'm sure that once we arrive back at City, Osiride will have an answer for us and we can go back to what we were doing.

Cleo: I don't need to calm down, Leo. I am doing everything in my power to be stressed about the whole situation. Not to mention that you seem to be made of ice. Or made from something else entirely. How are you so calm about all this? How are you not freaking out?

~ ~ ~

After arriving back at the Golden City, guards helped to get Kefer and Exaton to Osiride. We tagged along with them and when we finally entered, Osiride seemed to be held up with taking care of Ra and turned to notice the commotion we made.

Osiride: I was afraid it might have affected them?

Cleo: What affected them?

Osiride: This.

Osiride held up a staff and I was . . . confused to say the very least. So when I looked over at Cleo to see if she knew, but she seemed to as confused as I was.

Cleo: . . . What is it?

Leo: A staff

Cleo: I can see that

Osiride: This staff has strange abilities. When someone is attacked by the staff's rays, it can affect those close to them.

Cleo: So what your saying is . . . when Ra was attacked by the rays of the staff, Kefer and Exaton were affected by it because their close connection to their father.

Osiride: Exactly

Cleo: Although . . . I still have a few lingering question. The first question being, how could it have affected Kefer and Exaton when we were in a kingdom some miles away?

Osiride: From what research I have done on the staff, the rays don't have a radius of any kind. So when Ra had taken on the rays, it affected his sons as well.

Cleo: The second question I may ask is . . . who did this? It couldn't have been just anyone who attacked Ra. Ra must have known them personally if they were to come barging into the Pyramid of all places.

Osiride: That is what you two are going to have to figure out.

Leo: Wait, why?

Osiride: I have to take care of Ra, Kefer and Exaton. Not to mention the work I have to do on the staff.

Cleo: okay then, Osiride. We'll do what we can on our investigation, and you do what you can on the staff. Bye.

~ ~ ~

I can't believe this. All of that work for nothing and what am I to show of it. Nothing. I am having a mental breakdown and I'm getting a migraine.

Smoky: Calm down, June. If you're going to keep this up, you'll be as bad as your mother.

June: Never, mention my mother in front of me again.

Smoky: I was only saying, geez.

June: What do you want, Smoky?

Smoky: As I said before, your mother's bracelet.

June: My mother never takes her bracelet off.

Smoky: She did once before.

'What?'

June: How?

Smoky: Let's just say that . . . no, I don't want to say.

'I will get that information out of him if it's the last thing I do'

~ ~ ~

After a long and tiring investigation, Leo and I returned to Osiride's lab and saw Ra, Kefer and Exaton moving around again. I cheered to see them standing up and moving again and I couldn't have been any more relieved.

Exaton: . . .

Kefer: . . .

Ra: . . .

Cleo: What's wrong?

Kefer: It's just . . .

Exaton: . . .

Cleo: What about June?

Ra: She attacked me with the staff and . . .

Osiride: If she had kept the staff on him for a while longer, Ra would be as good as gone

Leo: Why would she do that?

Cleo: Exactly!

Osiride: We haven't worked that out yet.

'How could she do this to Ra? What does she want?'

~ ~ ~

'Well . . . that didn't work as I had planned'

Smoky: I tried to warn you

June: You were the one who told me to use the staff against Ra.

Smoky: That didn't mean I was right

'I so hate him'

Smoky: You know I can hear your thoughts, right?

June: Shut up