34: Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together

TONY PoV

Well, I'm glad that Thor and Percy didn't start a fight. That is one thing I don't have to worry about anymore. Now to get Thor away from the demigods. "Hey, Thor. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Thor looks over his shoulder and stands. "Ah. Of course, Stark."

I lead him over to my lab. Once we're inside, I lock the door. Making sure no one can eavesdrop. "Alright." How do I even bring this up?

"Are you well, Stark?" Thor questions.

"Me? Eh. But, uh, this is about Percy." I tell him.

"Percy? I knew he was powerful, but his presence is... Nearly overwhelming, for that of a demigod." Thor tells me. "Is he ill of some form?"

"No. Not... His pantheon made him a god." I share.

"Ah! What an honor! Have you yet to celebrate?" Thor beams.

"No! No! Thor, he doesn't know!"

"Why not?" Thor is obviously puzzled.

"Ugh. He doesn't want to be a god. He turned down immortality. He just wants to settle down with his girlfriend." I explain, and he nods. "We're trying to keep it from him until we figure out how to undo it. But he's suspicious. So please, don't go making it any more obvious than it already is. Don't go sparring with him. He'll bleed gold, and then we're done for."

Thor nods again. "I understand. Though I believe your efforts will prove fruitless, my friend. The power of a god is not something that can just go away. To lose that power, he would have to lose part of himself."

I sigh. Of course it won't be as simple as 'I don't want it'. I try to push back the ominous warning. "Besides, that's only part of why I wanted to talk to you."

"What else troubles you?" Thor questions.

"Percy has been having these demigod dreams. You've heard of those, right?" At his nod, I continue. "Well, the last one that he had makes him think that they're visions. Of the future."

"It is possible. Could be one of his godly gifts." Thor suggests.

"But he started having them before he became a god." I counter.

At this, he frowns. "What makes him believe that he has seen the future?"

"He saw himself."

"Highly unusual. What else makes these dreams- visions, different than others?" Thor thinks.

"They all focus around one girl. We don't know her name."

Thor suddenly looks back to me. "Why would you come to me? Why not one of the Greek pantheon?"

"Besides how hard it would be to get an audience with them? Percy also identified a companion of the girl."

"Who?" Thor asks, curiously.

"Loki."

"What?" Thor splutters, surprised. "My brother?"

"Yeah. Is it possible that he's on Earth?" I question.

"Not at all. He is locked in a cell on Asgard. One that not even he can escape from." Thor assures me.

So then it must be the future. Percy saw the future. "Thor, what color are Loki's eyes?"

"Green. Why?"

"What kind of green?"

"A bright, forest green." Thor frowns.