10: Pranks Escalate and 'Vent'ing

TONY PoV

We walk into the common area. Clint and I keep exchanging incredulous looks.

Annabeth is sitting on the couch, nose buried in a book. Her face is scrunched in concentration.

Percy tilts his head, and smiles. He leans over the edge of couch. He waits, grinning.

"Hey." Annabeth looks up and smiles at him.

"Hey Wise Girl."

"What's got you so happy?" She smiles, curious.

"He's a madman, that's what." I say.

Percy pouts. How can he pout? Just five minutes ago he was giving a master assasssin a run for her money.

"What did you do, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth narrows her eyes.

"I sparred with an assassin." Percy tells her, proudly.

"Are you serious?" She asks.

"He did quite well." Natasha says.

My eyes nearly pop out of my head. She complimented him. Dear god, what is happening?

"Gods... Why am I not surprised?" Annabeth says.

"Because I'm awesome."

"And crazy." Annabeth adds.

"That too, but less that, more awesome." Percy says. He leans in and gives her a kiss.

She pulls away. "Ew! You're super sweaty! Go take a shower!"

He laughs. "Yes, m' lady." He spins and heads off to take a shower.

Annabeth sighs and shakes her head. She looks over at Natasha. She sees the daggers that Natasha is holding. "So, my idiot of a boyfriend sparred with you?"

"Yes, he did." Natasha says.

"You faught with those daggers, and he used his sword?" Annabeth asks.

"Yeah." Natasha crosses her arms.

"How'd it go?" Annabeth asks.

"Your boyfriend is talented. He definitely knows his weapon."

"He's been training with it for, oh, five years? Yeah, five years." Annabeth says.

"Just five years?" Clint pipes in.

"Well, yeah."

"Sheesh..." Clint sighs.

"So, lemme guess, you had the advantage of two blades, and he had range?" Annabeth turns to Natasha.

"That's right." Natasha says.

"Nice. Maybe we could spar sometime." Annabeth suggests.

"You want to spar?" my mouth gapes.

"Yeah. I need to touch up, too. Maybe we could compare notes." Annabeth says to Natasha. Upon seeing our confusion, she pulls a knife out of her boot.

"How'd you get that in here?" I demand.

What on Earth is with these kids? She just shrugs, much to my annoyance.

"What do you say?" She asks Natasha.

Nat gives her a once over, and a nod.

"Alright." She says, then sighs. "I need to go make sure he uses shampoo. Excuse me."

I stare as she leaves.

"This- this - it isn't normal teen bahavior, right?" I ask.

"No." Clint says.