Story 7: One Con and a Mabel

Start from the beginning

"Oh, how was that like?" asked Mabel.

"I honestly don't remember much. I payed more attention to the shows girls than the actual guys playing cards. You know, now I get why the mafia ran me out of that job literally five days into it."

Mabel began to laugh, "Wow Grunkle Stan, you sure lived the good life."

He gave Mabel a little playful nudge, "Hey, when did you get so naughty?" he said jokingly, "Alright, alright, now pay close attention. I'm about to make this coin vanish right before your eyes."

Mabel payed close attention, studying every one of Stan's moves. She watched as he moved his hands around and right before her eyes, made the coin vanish.

"Wow!" she said, "Where did it go?"

"Well, let's just say you're more likely to find it than my ex wife's alimony checks."

Stan moves his hand over to Mabel's shoulder and revealed the coin, "It was behind your ear the whole time silly," he said.

Mabel looked at him surprised, "That was awesome," she said.

"You really think so? Last time I tried it; the couple threatened to sue me for endangering their children."

"You bet I did. So, how do you do it?" she asked.

Stan was left with a sense of joy. He spent the next hour teaching Mabel the trick and even let her try it out on a group of tourists. The sight of her wowing them and being handed wads of cash made his old money hungry heart gleam with pride.

 The sight of her wowing them and being handed wads of cash made his old money hungry heart gleam with pride

"So, how was that for a first time go?" she said as she handed him the cash she made.

"Huh...beginners' luck," replied Stan. In reality he was beyond impressed with her.

"How about you keep that dough for yourself. Don't tell Dipper though," he added with a wink.

"I promise," replied Mabel with another wink.

Stan had to go shopping for groceries that afternoon, so he took Mabel along with him into town. He showed her tricks that he always used to save money.

"You see Mabel, normally when parking in town, you have to pay these meter things...otherwise they'll, tow your car away. But if you park on the sidewalk, thanks to Gravity Falls weird road laws, they aren't allowed to tow you given you're not on the road. Saves me like 2 dollars every time I go shopping," he said.

"But what about pedestrians?" asked Mabel.

"You just have to hope they're not in your rear-view mirror when you're reversing," he replied as the two got out and walked into the grocery store.

"Now here's another clever trick. Security over there checks your receipts to make sure all the items you're walking out with are the things you actually bought. But they can't stop you if nothing you buy has a barcode."