21. The First Ball (Ready)

Everest Hills
Aryn's apartment
Present

I looked at myself in front of the mirror once more. My hair was in curls and they reached just below my shoulders. I borrowed them from Fae earlier since I was having a hard time using the hair straightener. I never used one before and using actual curlers was, by far, easier. All I have to do is twist my hair and lock it in for a few hours. It took me a total of 3-4 hours and afterward, I added a little hairspray and it gave me outstanding results.

Tonight was the day of the ball and I have to say... I was quite nervous. I have never attended one before. It is understandable since I've been busy running away from someone. To this date, I don't even know what to do. If Aunt Lys was here, she would have taught me everything she knew about being a normal teenager but now that she's gone, all I've been doing is running and running without looking back. It was, somehow, frustrating because that means, I have no idea what to do with my life.

Will I be running away my entire life or will it end and I'll finally have the life that I deserve?

To say that I was nervous, would be an understatement. I was silently freaking out inside.

What if something bad happens in the ball? Am I going to embarrass myself? Will I get left out?

Deep breaths, Aryn. You can do this.

I reached for the make-up kit that was provided for me by no other than Fae. She was my savior in this event. She even bought me the perfect dress.

I applied the foundation and blush-on first. Right after, I continued applying color into my cheeks and my eyelids. It consisted of colors that would match with my golden dress and brown/golden eyes. I settled for a simple look since I wasn't an expert on it. By the time I was done, I was satisfied with how I turned out.

Next, it was the dress. I slipped it on once I removed the robe. It perfectly fit my figure and hugged my curves. The dress made me want to moan in satisfaction.

I felt like royalty.

I am not going to let this dress go.

It was perfect. Extremely.

And to make it even better, I had matching stilettos. I wore the heels and I grew taller by at least, 3 inches. It felt good to be tall for once.

There was a knock on the door.

"Aryn! A.T. is here." HE IS WHAT?

I had a mini heart attack.

"Just a moment, Luce!"

I stared right into my eyes in the mirror. They were brown, caused by the contacts that I had placed there but if someone were to really focus on it, you can see strings and veins of gold underneath. They flashed like small flashes of lightning.

My mind traveled through time, recalling Aunt Lys' smile.

"If only you were here, you would know what to do with me. With all of us." I whispered softly.

I left the room and met them in the living room. Lily and Lucy were on the couch which led me to wonder where Atreus was.

"Where's Atreus?" I asked Lucy who was busy eating her snack.

"He's outside."

"You didn't invite him in?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I did but he said he'll wait for you there."

"Alright. I'll be home late." I turned to Lily. "Please take good care of her and I thank you for even agreeing to this. I'll be home late. You can sleep in my bed if you want or the couch."

"Yes, Miss."

I reached for Lucy and kissed her forehead. "Stay safe. Love you."

"Bye, Aryn. Love you too!"

When I went outside, I immediately saw Atreus. He saw me right away. Somehow, he froze in his state as he stared at me and my form. His eyes went from the top to the bottom.

He was wearing a grey suit and a matching black polo inside. His hair was quite messy but it did fit his look.

Astonished I was at the sight of him. It took me a while to regain the control I have for myself.

I could see that Atreus was struggling to say something. I was amused and I giggle at the reaction I was getting from him.

"Stunning." Finally.

I moved closer and closer... my hand placed on his chest and it simply traveled up. My arms circled around his neck. I whispered, "You don't look so bad yourself."

His blue eyes settled with mine and there it was the pull. It wasn't much but it was something.

Without wasting any more time, I felt his arm wrap around my waist, bringing closer to his heaving chest. His eyes went from my eyes and down to my lips. He inclined his head and motioned to capture my lips with his but he only stopped and brushed against it.

"Lipstick." I murmured against his lips.

"Why should I care about your lipstick?" He replied before completely taking my lips in between his. The world stopped revolving for a while. All I could was his touch, his kiss, his presence.

He kissed with passion and desire. I kissed him back just as passionate. My hands traveled to his hair, pulling onto the locks as I moaned. His grip around me tightened as he turned me and trapped me against the wall. His hand then transferred to my cheeks, holding onto it as I devoured his kissable lips.

"It would be my pleasure to just strip you out of your dress and take you here and there." He stated in a way that vibrated through my body.

I wanted him too. I wanted him to take me senselessly until I couldn't remember my name anymore but that cannot be. We had an event to attend and it was for the celebration of one of my friend's birthday.

When I looked into his eyes, they were black and it reminded me of what mine could turn into. I gently pushed him aside, indicating that we should stop. He respected my wishes. Both of us composed ourselves before looking at each other awkwardly.

"That was..." I spoke but he cut me off.

"Delightful." He teased. "Your lips are plump and your cheeks are red. This time it's not because of your blush-on. And to think that I wanted to take you here."

Without a second thought, my cheeks burst into a lot of flames.

•••

Part 1.

THOUGHTS???

~AC