3. Non-shifters

Everest Hills
Everest High School
Present

ARYN

"Yufory- What?"

"Euphoria, as in the word that means in a state of happiness. Her name is Euphoria Livingstone-Atterton, mate to the Lead Alpha making her the Lead Luna of the Werewolves, Blood Moon Terri - Do you even know what I am talking about?" I stared at him wide-eyed. My mind is processing as much information as I could.

"I guess not," Anakin said when I didn't respond and he had the audacity to snap his finger in front of me though I turned to him with the same expression in my features.

"Lead Alpha? Lead Luna?"

"Basically, they are the rulers or should I say King and Queen of the Werewolves. But instead, we call them Lead Alpha and Lead Luna. And yes, you spoke." My lips were already slightly parted in question but he already confirmed that I asked them out loud.

He was going to say Blood Moon territory. Where did I hear that from?

I brought the sandwich to my lips and took bites as I sorted out my thoughts. "I thought the Werewolf council had control over the packs."

Ares shook his head this time. "The council is under the Lead rulers. Most of them are just informants and organizers; they send the grey envelops but the Lead Alpha and Lead Luna are usually who make decisions for practically, well, the whole kit and caboodle." I'm going to pretend I didn't hear him say that. "The newly enforced law that led you here?"

"You mean, where all Werewolves under and at the age of 18 must attend the nearest school?" Okay, obviously Aryn. What else would he be talking about?

"Indeed."

I let out a short breath. "That was a lot of information to take in."

"How do you not know any of this?" Anakin straightforwardly asked as he inclined his head to the side as he read my features.

I don't know. I've been on the run since I was 8. Not that I needed to be educated on everything about being a werewolf.

I shrugged.

I've been on the run.

With Aunt Lys. She was taking me somewhere. To a man...

I recalled the last conversation we had.

"Run, Aryn. Run. Don't look back and look for Lexis -" The wooden door exploded and she placed 3-year-old Lucy into my arms. "Keep her safe. I love you both." She gave me one last smile before I turned to run.

I heard the bell rang and quickly finished the rest of my sandwich. The guys shifted and turned to look at me. "Need help? We'll assist you as you step on the branches and then we can -" I placed the plastic from my sandwich in my pocket before pushing myself off and leaping straight down. I heard both of them take a deep intake of breath.

When I landed on my feet, I looked up; they both had an expression of surprise as if not expecting me to suddenly jump out of the blue at height this high. They landed next to me and they were struggling to form their words.

"How the hell -"

"I cannot fathom the fact that a woman can -"

"Sexist." I spat.

They snapped their eyes to my direction and I had to cross my arms to my chest. "What? I have werewolf genes. Kind of expected, don't you think?"

"Most female werewolves could get a broken leg for jumping that high. Yes, they'd heal faster but their bones are not as strong as shifters."