chapter 27: tough decisions

Victor's POV

I had just come back from the embassy, Efe had been screaming at the guy that was working on my visa, my wedding was 2 weeks away and the crazy dude was saying there's a problem with my visa process and stuff.

I had alot on my mind and that was the least of my problems, I actually knew the biggest of my problems and it was really bothering me, I had to talk to someone and the one person that I felt would understand me is itoro, luckily he was in Lagos in his sister's house, he had gotten his visa for my wedding, funny how people were already granted visa for my own wedding, while I the one who was actually wedding, has not gotten hold of his, Efe was not taking it well, I ought to have travelled by now he complained everytime we spoke on phone, but like I said it was the least of my problems.

I had alot on my mind and that wasn't what I was supposed to be thinking of, I sent fred the tickets to my wedding knowing he already had visa, he travelled out frequently so him having access would not be too much work. I had given him the ticket hoping he would show up at my wedding not to congratulate me, but for something totally different. I was giving him another chance to fight for our love.

It was really late and I had not eaten since morning as I had been in the embassy, not being paid attention by the officials who didn't care how long you've been there, I had only taken water since morning until now and my stomach is not really happy with me at the moment, Efe constant complaints on phone was totally exhausting, he was constantly getting angry, and it was pissing me off, I was fucking hungry!. That didn't matter to him, all he cared about was me getting the visa.
I don't blame him tho, he has been trying to get everything done, that's how it is when you are actually ready and anticipating your wedding, I didn't care, but why am I still stressing over all these, I knew what I was feeling, I know what I want and this is not part of it at all, but still I went along with everything.

I had to sleep, I'll be sleeping on an empty stomach, I had no strength to get something to eat, even if I had everyone in my street has closed up their shops, I'll have to go about 3 streets away, and I was not in the exact state for that unnecessary movement.

***

I woke up with my stomach aching, I got up brushed my teeth and went out to get noodles, I don't eat much so I didn't really buy much, fred loved eating he could consume 2 indomie noodles the belle full pack, looking at it after preparing it actually scared me.

I finished making noodles and fried eggs, after eating it, I decided to go take a shower before itoro would arrive. I took a shower and checked my WhatsApp messenger, Efe had sent me several wedding decorations asking which colour I preferred the most. Who the hell is this guy inviting?, I thought we talked about having a small wedding with close relations and friends, what's with all the large halls in the picture and all the extravagant decorations i was seeing. I just chose the first one telling him it was okay.

He quickly replied telling me that one isn't good and said he liked another one and we're going with that one, why the hell did he ask for my opinion if he already knew what he wants?, Immediately I heard a knock on the door.

Itoro walked in " Omo guy the road to your house has become worse o, ahn ahn, come and see traffic, what's the government doing about it sef" he said looking really exhausted

" Omo leave those ones abeg, all they do is squander money whenever the get into position, they do nothing" I said clearing the couch I had scattered my documents from yesterday.

"Abeg I dey hungry like this, you get food?" He asked while getting comfortable on the couch

"Food ke!, Me wey just finish indomie this morning, after starving throughout yesterday" I said grabbing him a bottle of water from the refrigerator

" Thank you jare, that woman wey dey sell rice for una junction, she open?" He asked chugging down the water

" Yeah I think so, go buy food for there Na" I said replying Efe and his constant messages

After itoro had finished eating, we were already seated on the floor facing the living room with game pads on our hands, we were playing pes 2018, on my play station,

" Guy! My pad no dey work o!, See shot wey I miss" he complained clearly frustrated, while I was taking advantage of his faulty game pad, I knew it was faulty that's why I gave it to him, itoro was so much better in gaming than I was, I cheated most of the times, it made it more fun for me atleast. Even with all my cheating itoro was still beating me.

" See you, upon your pad dey work fine, that goal for sure me wella" he said laughing at my failed attempt to score. Suddenly he pauses the game and faces me

" Guy, why am I here sef?"

" Can we continue the game, it's getting interesting"I said clicking on the play button

He pauses the game again grabs my pad and drop it on the floor, he stands up and head for the couch

" Guy, lets talk, what's wrong"

" Itoro to be honest, I'm totally confused, this marriage stuff and everything, I invited fred and bought him a ticket sef, we met and he was really sorry, I don't know but I'm really confused, I want to go back to fred but at the same time I don't want to leave Efe hanging, he's just so happy and all ecstatic towards this wedding, he's been working so hard to make sure all is going fine, but I don't know what's wrong, I'm not just-, I just don't feel like I'm the one about to be married, I don't want to destroy things further, itoro I'm just confused" I said sounding really worried

" Victor, see ehn, this stuff you're saying you're confused, what exactly do you want, that's the main thing here, na the main koko, you say you want fred but you don't want to leave Efe, but you don't want Efe and you're leading this on, the guy is trying hard, the choice and decision making is all on you o, it's better you make the decision now, atleast nothing is happening now, even if all these have come too far, but it would be worse if you make this decision when it's too late, you would be destroying someone's life, guy na you o, I don't know how you're feeling and all, but as a friend I would tell you to do what you think is the right thing for you, cause this is a big deal, not only for you but for both of them, it's a big deal for both Efe and Fred, Sha don't worry too much, make you no go look like skeleton for your wedding day" he said patting my back and signalling me to continue the game.

Now I'm really confused, I have to follow my heart, but what about Efe's heart, I don't want to break it, what about fred, I've done so much damage to him already, I'm totally confused, what do I do, I need to save my own heart, from being damaged further too, but they do not have to suffer, this is a tough one, it truly is.

Tbh victor is totally annoying me, like dude wtf do you want?, I understand it's not easy but...😪😏

Don't forget to tap tap tap on the star. Make me happy🙃