chapter 8: a fresh start

After that day fred and victor became much more closer. They became inseparable, they went out together and did lots of stuff together, but Fred was starting to think this was a really bad decision to make, even with the way he loved victor he felt soon everything would come crashing down cause now all his family members and relatives are more concerned and they were really pressing him on the issue of marriage, a man in his late twenties isn't married even with all his success not even a girlfriend to show, nothing at all, they would say that Everytime they had the opportunity to talk to fred on that issue.

His mother didn't take the matter lightly, she was very bothered, she was getting so scared she called him several times asking him if he was impotent that she would arrange a pregnant girl for him secretly but he smiled and told his mum not to worry. but deep down he was damn worried.

Victor who lost both his parents few years back had nothing to worry about, besides he's an only child. But Fred's family was becoming a pain in the neck to the extent that the mother had called him to inform him about her trip to Lagos.

This made fred more anxious, he was afraid that he has changed so much that his mother would notice he was gay, just by seeing him, yeah he was alot happier but his mother would know and his life would be over.

Victor calmed him down and tried to convince him to tell his mum the truth that he's already in love and that they were engaged, although victor knew it wouldn't be easy at all but he felt that if fred truly loved him, they would make it work together.

********

Mama came to Lagos with so many items, she was most especially glad to meet her son, Fred was so happy he missed his mother's delicacy soo so much, he's not a very good cook, he mostly survived with food he bought from restaurant that sold native food, cereal and noodles, he prepared stew once in a while but it still could not be compared to the food prepared by his mother.

she also brought lots of pictures of different girls from their village which  was very hilarious, mama was so extra and he knew it  it was his mother and he loved her irrespective of her attitude.Fred kept on laughing based on the funny way  the girls looked in the pictures and their really funny but annoying make up.

Mama was in the kitchen when Victor arrived. He was so shocked she was around he never knew she has come, mama saw him and hugged him.she welcomed him well and said.
"let me guess both of you are best friends right",

Victor nodded and smiled but deep down he wasn't impressed, he wanted to be far more than a best friend to fred in the eyes of his mum.

This chapter is really short, I apologise, I'll post two chapters at once. Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment💜

Oluchi💜