chapter 23 : i can't believe my eyes!

Belinda's POV

It's been almost 3 weeks since I told fred how I feel about him, I still find it difficult that my body and feelings were failing me each time I hung out with him, I knew it, I knew he would never have any sort of intimate attraction towards me, but I still hoped, maybe a miracle of course.

I grew up to believe in miracles, I had faced lots of challenges in life that I got past quite easy, I started to believe in miracles from a very young age, I lived most of my childhood with my grandmother and she was diagnosed with cancer when I was writing my junior waec exams, stage 4 cancer, she hid it from everyone, my mum, me who stayed with her then, and all of my mum's siblings.

The doctors had given her 2 months to live, but I wanted her to see my junior waec so badly, it was devastating when I heard it would be coming out September when she had until July to live.

I could remember visiting the Church every evening for evening mass, and praying to God privately after mass, I asked him for one thing, I asked him to make my grandma see my result.

Grandma grew up as a typist, she was among the few back in her days that attended training college, where she was taught basic english, and how to read and write, and most especially how to type with the typewriter.

She valued education and supported me all through. I had tough time writing my junior waec exams but she encouraged me, i worked hard and I wanted her to see how much I heeded to her advice.

My miracle actually worked, all the prayers were not in vain, grandma was actually still alive even after the date of her scheduled death passed, doctors were surprised, the continued the chemotherapy they had stopped doing on her when they realised her body was not responding to it before, luckily she was actually going well with the treatment, after my results came out, grandma was the first person I had shown, she was so happy and proud.

After a week grandma died, I knew her seeing my result was the prayers and the miracle I had asked God for, I had hoped and had faith and things had worked well for me, atleast on most occasion.

Having strong hope became part of me, I guess that's why I thought maybe fred would see me as a woman, not just as a female.

I'm really worried about fred, the last time I called him, he sounded really sad, he told me victor came, its so weird how I was chosen over a guy, he said he was loosing victor forever, he sounded really bitter, I asked him what he meant but he told me he didn't want to bother me.

The fact that something made him that bitter, is really bothering me, I should see him, or at least know how he is really faring, it's hard but I'll try.

****

After dressing I decided to walk to the bustop, maybe I can use that time to think about how I'll approach him, I wouldn't want to make things weird or make him uncomfortable.

I bumped into someone
"I'm so sorr-" I can't believe my eyes!.