Into the Field

Sneaking out of the castle was better said than done. Guards were at every corner, watching out for any monsters or assassins. Not that there was a difference. No Mewman would kill their own.

Moon snuck from the castle and rode down to the battlefield on her trusty steed, Chompy. By now, the Magic High Commission must notice that she is gone.

Armed with the only spell that could stop the immortal Septarians, Moon had her kingdom weighing on her back. If she failed, the monsters will win and Mewni will fall. She forced the trepidation down her throat as she urges Chompy to move forward.

'Mother, how am I going to do this? Taking the life of someone is not something I can do.' Moon thought.

The death of her mother shocked the kingdom. News of it spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom and other dimensions. Moon saw her mother's body and was scarred for the rest of her life.

Now it is time for Moon's reign as Queen. And her first act as queen is to end the revolution of monsters.

The only way to defeat the General was to chant the old queen Eclipsa's spell and aim at the monster's heart. The thought of taking a life sickened Moon. Not even her mother took a life. But it's the only way.

The sun beats against her back as she rode across the battlefield. Watching the camp get closer made Moon feel uneasy. If she doesn't work smart or fast, they could overcome her easily.

'If I don't go through with this, monsters will take over the kingdom. If I do, Eclipsa roams free.' Moon thought.

The deal she made with Eclipsa worked both ways for Moon and Eclipsa. If Moon kills the General, Eclipsa is free from the crystal. A win win.

'Do not think of this deal. Think about your people, your family, and River.' Moon thought to encourage herself. A blush grew on her face at the thought of her friend River. He was the sweetest boy. And so cute.

Now filled with determination, Moon moves through the field and reaches the camp without a sense of fear.

Monsters paused at what they were doing when they caught sight of her. Moon had to act as if they didn't scare her. She just climbs off of Chompy and got to work.

The Queen spreads out a blanket, sits down, and began to eat the chicken leg that River gave her. All the while monsters crowded around her and watching her as if she was insane. 'I am not afraid of you.' Moon thought without breaking her facade.

"Uh, can we help you?" asked a large green caped Septarian. Obviously, he wasn't the General.

Cutting off a piece of the meat, Moon says,"I wish to speak with the General." Then she takes a bite of her food.

________________________________

"I wish to speak with the General."

Hearing the voice of the new Queen brought Toffee out of his state of silence. He stood up from his chair and heads to the exit.

"The General?" asked Rasticore in disbelief.

The entire crowd bursted out laughing at Moon's audacity. It annoyed him at how ignorant they can be.

"Silence." Toffee said curtly.

The laughter ended as he pushes back the veil of skulls and exits his tent. He marches passed the many soldiers with his hands behind his back. Toffee stared ahead as he takes in the sight of Queen Moon. Such a small girl.

He wasn't impressed.

Neither was she.

Toffee stops about five feet away from Moon and could only smirk at her. "Hello, Princess." he greeted with a bow.