Princess and the Septarian

Pink smoke consumed the entire room with a silent yet powerful explosion. Leaving everything in the room with a layer of pink.

Standing in front of a bubbling cauldron was Cosmo. The entire front side of her body was covered from head to toe in pink Cosmo's eyes were blown wide as she stared at the failure of a potion.

A small cough left her, expelling pink smoke from her lungs.

"Good thing I didn't add the shards." Cosmo said aloud to herself.

With a saddened sigh, Cosmo wipes the pinkness from her face and looks at her notes. 'I've tried over a dozen potions, none have worked. The spell Star used was only to see into time, not travel through it.' Cosmo thought as she scribbled away the ingredients from her latest potion.

'Most spells need potions to help amplify the power. If I use the spell that Star used and a potion that can make a person have the ability to teleport, it might be enough.' Cosmo theorized. She knew a few potions that allow teleportation but the ingredients are hard to find. 'The shards should help pinpoint the spell-caster and send me back to that point in time.' she thought, trying to brighten her spirits.

'Of course, I could go to Father Time. But I don't have dimensional scissors and I can't go to the Magic Council for help. Too many questions would be raised.'

Her frustration bubbled up higher and higher. Magic fizzled underneath her skin as her scales started to show. 'God, is this how ancient mages felt?' Cosmo thought in frustration.

Before Cosmo could let her monstrous half come out, she takes in a deep breath and calms herself down. The scales revert back into skin. The anger that she was feeling eased to a simmering flame. Cosmo takes in another breath as she turns to a new page and begins to write down ingredients.

'There are five ingredients I need for the teleportation spell. Three for the locator spell.' Cosmo thought. 'All ingredients should be easy to find. I should be able to find them at a market.' she thought as she collects her notebook and walks out of the room.

"But first, a bath." Cosmo thought aloud as she looks at her pink body. She lets out a pink cough before heading to her bedroom.

The house had five bedrooms, bathrooms bedrooms, and three main rooms. Cosmo had her own private bathroom, and no one complained. She makes sure to lock the bathroom door but not the bedroom. If one of the children needed her, she wanted to be able to hear them.

Warm water filled the large porcelain tub. Steam rose from the water as Cosmo added bath soap. Then she takes off her dress and lets it pool at her feet.

"I really hope this color washes out." Cosmo mumbled.

Once the tub was filled, she slips into the bath and settles into the water. Luckily, the pink washes off her skin the moment she touched the water. Soon enough, the water became a soft pink that obscured the view of her naked body.

Cosmo lets out a relaxing sigh and lets herself sink underneath the surface. Her skin ripples as scales replace the flesh, a tail sprouts from the bottom of her spine, and a snout grew out of her skull. The royal tattoos, her's being white diamonds, glowed in contrast to her green scales. Cosmo's wings, the small papery wings, fluttered as they became scaly.

'Cursed at birth and I'm destined to be queen of my kingdom. How am I supposed to rule if I can't get home?' Cosmo thought as she lets herself soak in the pink water. 'I'm also supposed to marry some damn prince. No way that's gonna happen.' she thought, growling out bubbles.

Breaching the water, Cosmo sits herself up so that her back was against the edge of the tub. Her hair was pressed to her skin, covering her eyes and chest. 'Living here is better than in my own time.' Cosmo thought. She looks at the tips of her claws and tries not to shudder. 'But in this age, monsters and Mewmans are at war. If anyone knew what I was, I will be slaughtered.' Cosmo thought.

'I can't leave Stella and the others, though. They depend on me. If I leave, no one will take care of them.'

"Ahhhh!!" Cosmo yelled in frustration as she scrubs her hair violently with her claws. Water sloshed over the tub and onto the floor with a splash. "I can't think clearly!"

A sudden knock at the door stopped Cosmo from her frustration. She wipes the hair from her face and looks at the door. "Yes?" Cosmo called out, speaking calmly.

"Big Sister, there's someone at the front door. They are asking for the Mewman who is raising monster children." spoke the muffled voice of Abe.

"Tell them I'll be there in a moment." Cosmo said as she steps out of the tub. Water ran down her body in rivulets. She walks across the room, leaving a trail of water droplets in her wake. As she walked, her reptilian body returned to its Mewman self.

Taking the towel off the drying rack, Cosmo dabs her body and ruffles her hair dry. Once she was dry enough, she brushes her hair and hurried to her bedroom. She snatched a long, sleeveless red dress that was resting on a chair.

Slipping into the cottony dress, Cosmo hurried out of her room and downstairs. "Coming, coming!" she said as she walks down the stone steps.

Abe and Stella were waiting by the door, silently watching the newcomer.

"Hello?" Cosmo greeted questionably as she veers around the door.

Ice shot through her entire body when she caught sight of the newcomer. Her eyes grew wide as she struggled not to panic.

Standing in front of her, on the front steps, was Toffee.

The lizard wasn't wearing a suit and tie like when she first met him. Instead he was dressed in black boots, black pants with spiked knee-guards, a red sash around his waist, and a black shirt that pressed against his muscles. His hair was wilder than the finely pressed version she's seen before. The cold look was replaced with an inviting expression that hid so many secrets.

"Hello, Miss. I'm sorry for intruding but I came a long way to find you." spoke Toffee. He bows his head in greeting, as does his two men that stood behind him.

Hearing him speak made Cosmo's stomach churn. He had such a sultry voice, he could make anyone fall to their knees. Once, she almost fell for that voice back then. Not now.

"Find me? Why?" Cosmo asked in feigned confusion.

"Let me explain," began Toffee. He gestures to a chameleon monster that stood behind him. "My friend here was sent to this area to look for recruits in the monster villages. He told me about you, a Mewman that was taking care of monster children." he explained. "It is highly unheard of as monsters and Mewmans are enemies."

'Oh, boy.' Cosmo thought, internally screaming.

"Then I guess I'm not a normal Mewman." Cosmo replied with a soft smile. "I came across these children after their village was massacred." she said. "And I'm assuming you've come to see if I am truly a good samaritan, Mister?" Cosmo questioned, trailing off, acting as if she doesn't know Toffee's name.

"Oh, I apologize, I forget to introduce myself." Toffee apologized. He holds out his hand and takes Cosmo's own. Then he gives her hand a kiss. "I am Toffee of Septarsis." he introduced himself with a smile. "And you are?" he asked.

For a moment, Cosmo actually forgot her name. The lizard kidnapped Marco and made Star destroy her wand. He doesn't know who she is.

"My name is Cosmo." she responded finally.

"It is lovely to meet you, Cosmo." Toffee said sincerely.