Butterfly Castle

'It's odd. Walking among your own people when your from a different time.' Cosmo thought as she walks through the busy streets of Butterfly Kingdom.

The town that surrounded Butterfly Castle was a place of trade. Markets filled the streets with merchandise from different dimensions or lands. Townhouses were set up on the outskirts along with the school and training arena for the next generation of knights. Cosmo would often visit the village with Star when she reached her early tweens.

Due to Cosmo's curse, she wasn't allowed outside. Her parents told family and the kingdom, Moria, they ruled that she was born with an illness. It gave them a reason to hide her from the public eye. For over a decade, Cosmo could only see the outside world through a window.

Once she taught herself magic, especially concealment spells, she was allowed to go outside. Being able to feel the wind on her face and feel the earth on her feet was freeing. Soon enough, Cosmo had gotten the idea to serve her kingdom by becoming a knight.

Boy, did her parents freak.

Cosmo lingers by a small concession stand that was selling fried corn-on-the-cobs. She bought one, savoring the taste that she hasn't tasted in so long. Not a few paces away was the entrance to Butterfly Castle. Two large men stood guard, watching anyone who got too close.

'I can't just walk in. The guards wouldn't allow just anyone to enter.'

She chews on the cob as she thought. 'I know the place inside and out. All I have to do is keep out of sight.' Cosmo thought as she tosses the food in a garbage bin. 'But do I want to stay out of sight?' Cosmo wondered.

Betraying her family wasn't what Cosmo wanted to do. But she couldn't alter time. Also, she needed to remain in Toffee's good graces. Even if he was acting so kind, he would change his mind if she refused to help him.

Cosmo reaches into her cloak and takes out her wand. She kept it hidden in her sleeve as she walks along the castle walls. 'I can sneak into the garden. It'll be easier there.' Cosmo thought as she counts her footsteps.

The gardens were located on the south side of the castle. A stone wall was what separated the garden from the outside world. No one guards the gardens.

'Let's do this.' Cosmo thought, taking in a deep breath. Raising her wand to her face, Cosmo whispers,"Invisibility."

With a whoosh of a white light, Cosmo's body disappears. She becomes invisible to the naked eye. Not even she could see herself.

'Honestly, I could've used this spell to sneak out when I was younger.' Cosmo thought with a smirk. 'It would've been easier.' she added.

After fastening her wand to the sheath she made for it, Cosmo looks at the task at hand. The stone wall was about twenty feet tall. She could use her magic but that would blow her cover. This is a job for manual labor.

Cosmo focuses on her hands, imagining the claws that replaced her nails. Her fingertips tingled as they changed form. 'I wish I knew what they looked like.' Cosmo thought as she flexes her fingers. 'Anyway . . . let's get this over with.'

Digging her claws into the stone wall, she starts to ascend. Cosmo moved with ease up the wall. With years of training, she was built like–as Marco put it–a super soldier. She felt the burn in her muscles as she climbs with the skill of a squirrel climbing up a tree. The higher she got, the faster her heart was racing in excitement.

Reaching the top of the wall, Cosmo throws her leg over it and rests there. At this height, she could see the whole royal garden and most of the town. 'I feel like a rebel that's sneaking out. Only I'm sneaking in.' she thought.