Would You Lie With Me?

Another Oneshot that was inspired by a song! Yay! The song is a cover of Chasing Cars, it will be pinned below after this authors note.

This will be another Older Varian X Older Reader and both Varian and you, the reader, will be around 26 or 27 years old in order to match up with Cassandra's age (Yes Cassandra is 26 years old in the show) and the story is about Varian wanting to be with Cassandra and not with you. The new king and queen, Rapunzel and Eugene, are hosting a party to celebrate them becoming the new rulers of Corona. You will start singing this song while outside of the castle waiting for the party to end. Enjoy! :D

(You can play the song to go along with the lyrics, I also changed the lyrics just a tiny bit to fit with their timeline :3)

~

You stood there in the dark area of the room, watching Varian dance with Cassandra. You held onto your necklace, the one Varian gave you when you two were younger. Tears began to fill your eyes and you ran out the door and out of the castle.

You sat on a nearby bench and stared at the ground. The cold breeze blowing through your (H/C) hair. You felt the tears rolling down your cheeks as you continued to hold the necklace against your chest.

Ever since you met Varian when you were around 14 years old, you've always had this crush on him. You were scared to tell him, but now it seemed like it was too late.

Varian fell in love with Cassandra. She had everything you didn't. She was pretty, strong, talented and smart. As you got older, you started getting jealous of her.

But as long as Varian was happy, you were happy. Even if your heart was breaking if it wasn't broken already.

You decided to sing a song, to pour out your feelings for Varian to the quiet night. You shut your eyes and began to sing.

"We'll do it all. Everything. On our own."

You let go of your necklace and let it hang from your neck. You placed both of your hands in your lap and held your head down, allowing your hair to cover the sides of your face.

"We don't need, anything. Or anyone."

You wiped away the previous tears that had fallen once you closed your eyes. The breeze again started to blow through your hair and pushing it away from your face.

"If I lay here, if I just lay here. Would you lie with me and, just forget the world?"

You opened your eyes again and looked up at the sky, you started counted the stars in the sky. You counted them up for all the years Varian and you knew each other.

"I don't quite know, how to say. How I feel."

You remembered when you realized you started having feelings for Varian. As the years went by, they only got stronger. No matter how much you tried to forget, you always had that feeling in your heart.

"Those three words, are said too much. They're not enough."

You remembered the first day Varian met Cassandra. It's like he forgot you were even there, it's like he forgot that you were his best friend.

"If I lay here, if I just lay here. Would you lie with me and, just forget the world?"

You started counting the stars again. This time you counted them for all the times you could feel your heart breaking everytime Varian looked at Cassandra.