SIX | LOSING EVERYTHING

After a long day of helping Scott with controlling his abilities and finding out that Allison was his anchor, she went home with Stiles. When they got to his room, she plopped her bag on his floor and sat on his cushy bed. Stiles handed Rhea a water bottle as he rolled his chair in front of her, plopping down on it and gazing at her, intently. His eyes were filled with wonder and curiousness. "Stiles, what?" Rhea pushed, a smile creeping on her face. A goofy grin was placed on his face. "No one ever asked about how you're doing. How're your eyes?" Rhea's heart tensed at his antics. She always pushed her needs away from her in order to take care of everyone else. "My eyes?" she stuttered, not knowing how he would have known. Rhea looked behind him in the reflection of the window, seeing that her eyes were normal. Her shoulders slumped as she realized that there was only one person that could have told him. "Scott told you," Her voice sounded small, her bottom lip being trapped in between her teeth. Stiles frowned at her reaction. He thought it was awesome that her eyes were naturally a silver color. "Yeah, he did." Stiles scratched the back of his neck, nervously, not knowing what to say to comfort her. "Could I see them?" Stiles asked her, genuinely curious to see the true color. Rhea shrunk down even more. It's not that she didn't trust Stiles because she did, but she was afraid that he would hate her eyes. No one ever wanted to see her eyes. "You wouldn't want to see them. They're not that special." Rhea muttered, looking in the opposite direction. Stiles was about to protest but his phone started ringing. He didn't answer it right away though. From the corner of her eye, Rhea could see Stiles still gazing at her like he wanted to tell her she was wrong. But he seemed to snap out of it and pick up the phone. Rhea stood up, adjusting her black denim shirt that was tucked into her leggings. Stiles hung up on whoever he was talking to. "Scott needs us at the school. Your brother kidnapped his boss." Stiles informed her, grabbing his keys. "You're kidding?" Rhea sighed, rubbing at her forehead in stress. "Fine, but I'm keeping my stuff here." Stiles shook his head and pulled Rhea to his car.

°°°
Stiles had surprisingly allowed Rhea to sit onto the hood of his car. She swung her legs back and forth while staring at her white vans. Stiles leaned his arms on the front of his car, staring at her perfectly painted nails. Rhea brushed her brown hair back with her hand. "This is a horrible idea, Scott," Rhea mumbled, sending him a disapproving look. "Yeah, I know," Scott uttered, shoving his hands into his pockets and kicking at the ground. "But we're still gonna do it?" Stiles asked, looking between Rhea and Scott. "Can you think of something better?" Scott defended himself, throwing his arms in the air. "Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away." Stiles joked with a small smirk on his face. A soft giggle fell from Rhea's lips. "Just make sure we can get inside. He's here." Scott mumbled as Stiles pushed off of the jeep, waiting for the black Camaro to stop. Derek slipped out of the car, standing across from his sister and her friend's, arms folded against his chest. "Where's my boss?" Scott asked, glaring at Derek. "He's in the back." Derek moved so that the three teens could see the veterinarian tied up in the back, his form scrunched up. "Really, Derek," Rhea scolded, a scowl on her face. Derek ignored his sister and kept his eyes on Scott."Oh, well, he looks comfortable." Stiles stated, sarcastically. Scott grabbed Stiles' shoulder and pulled him towards the school. "Wait. Hey. What are you doing?" Derek questioned, eyeing them, suspiciously. "You said I was linked with the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right." Scott hollered back, heading for the main doors.

Rhea waited with her brother in silence, still sat on top of her friend's jeep. Derek glanced at her a few times, leaning himself against his car, watching her. Rhea lifted her gaze from her hands, meeting his scrutinizing look. "What?" Rhea snapped, not liking the way he was looking at her. Derek hesitated before deciding to rip the band-aid off. "You've gotten too close to them. We're not here for you to make friends. Our main responsibility is to kill this alpha." Derek grumbled, a glare sent her way. Rhea scoffed, looking away from him and at the school. She rolled her eyes at his words. Derek was the one who told her to go to school and be normal, which involves making friends, and now that she's friends with people who know a little bit about the supernatural, she has to leave them? No way, Rhea thought. She didn't know why he was being cold all of a sudden. But Derek wasn't gonna have more control over her. "Screw you, Derek." She muttered, sliding off the top of the hood and walked towards the main doors. Derek reached out and grasped her bicep, tugging her back. He needed to make her understand that they weren't her friends. "I don't need you getting attached to them, especially Stiles," Derek argued, his face scrunched up in anger. Rhea's mouth dropped in rage. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Rhea crossed her arms, her brows knit in annoyance. A loud cat-like screech stopped Derek from replying to her. "You've got to be kidding me." Derek sighed, heavily. Derek looked back at his sister, his face blank. She shook her head at him, her hair swaying with her. She pushed him off her. A louder aggressive roar broke through the silence, shaking the school. A smile broke out on Rhea's face, her eyes flashed in response to her friend's powerful call. Moments later, the two boys came bounding back to the Hale siblings. "Nice howl." Rhea praised Scott, making him smile, brightly. Derek pushed past Rhea's shoulder, aggressively. "I'm gonna kill both of you. What the hell was that? What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?" Derek stepped aggressively towards the two. Rhea slipped in between them, shoving at Derek's chest. Derek glowered at his sister, stepping forwards again, forcing her back. "Sorry. I didn't know it would be that loud." Scott shrugged, innocently. "Yeah, it was loud. And it was awesome." Stiles sang the last part, making Rhea smirk and high-five him when he raised his hand up for her. "Shut up," Derek growled at Stiles, making him frown. "Don't be such a sour wolf." Stiles retorted, crossing his arms. Scott's eyes shifted to the back of Derek's backseat. "What'd you do with him?" Fury rose within Scott, his eyes shifting between the siblings. "What? I didn't do anything." Derek defended himself. Claws dug deep in the older beta's back, making him gasp out in shock. The three teenagers stepped back in shock as he was lifted into the air.