Chapter 4 - Hunters HQ

After the interesting morning I had, I decided to go to the one place that triggered the most painfulof memories. Hunters HQ

When I arrived at HQ, I was greeted by vast iron gates connected to equally as impressive stone walls that surrounded our land. The stone walls were covered in green ivy & the big iron gates had the words "Home of the Hunters" on an iron plate attached to them. I rolled my eyes and remembered my bestfriend Saylan's words, describing it as "five types of cliché" when they first put it up in year 10. 

Rolling down my window I reached out to the intercom attatched to the stone pillar on the right side of the gate. I dialled Saylan's extension number and waited for her to answer. It buzzed a few times before she picked up.

"Talk to me people" she said seriously. I laughed at her lame greeting and asked her to open the gate. To which she replied.

"Sorry we have a strict 'no sluts allowed' rule here at Hunters HQ" she said with a chuckle. the fucking nerve.

"SAYLAN HARLEY I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS GATE I WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT YOUR LITTLE HOOK UP WI.."

She had opened the gate before I even got to finish my sentence. I started to drive in when I heard her mutter something through the intercom about ripping me apart and feeding me to the rogues. I chuckled at my bestfriends antics. Saylan was next in line to recieve the Head Hunter postition. The Head Hunter was the equivalent to an Alpha in a wolf pack.

From the day my parents were killed. Or so I thought. I trained religiously in Hunters Combat with my uncle.
My uncle was the Head Hunter at the time so you know the caliber of my training was higher than most. My father was the Head Hunter before he died or should I say disappeared and my mother was his second in command. They were the two most powerful hunters in the world. They were royalty. I had royal blood in my veins and the best training money could buy. So when my first day of high school came around along with my first combat class I was far from nervous.

I walked into the combat gym where various weapons covered the far wall and padding covered the rest. The wooden floors were covered by a few mats here and there, where I assumed people sparred. I stood there for a moment admiring everything when I heard voices coming from the changing rooms. I walked into the changing rooms, curiosity getting the best of me when I noticed a couple boys tormenting a fair skinned girl in the corner. What the fuck. I thought. My anger flared and I marched over to the punks in the corner.

"HEY ASSHOLES!!" I yelled. Struggling to contain my anger. They didn't even flinch. Both pricks stood with their backs faced towards me staring down at the poor girl who was now looking at me with wide eyes.

"I-It's okay...please leave before you get hurt too." The girl said. Even in her position she was still concerned for my well being. How could these assholes be so cruel to a girl so kind?

"Yeah. You should leave before I get angry" asshole #1 said turning to face me. I snapped.

"Fuck your feelings bitch!"

I yelled before I landed a good right jab to his face. Sending him back a few steps. Asshole #2 grabbed my hair. Wrong move. I pushed his hand up with my left hand before grabbing the back of his neck with my right, then my left. Lacing my fingers together behind his neck I pulled his head down and thrust my knee right into his face, once, twice CRACK. Satisfied with his broken nose I turned to asshole #1 who was whispering something to the girl on the ground who was cowering away from his harsh words. I stalked over to him, pulled his dumb ass away from her and slammed him into the wall.

"Come near her again. I'll tear your heart out" I snarled before back handing his now bloodied face. Once I stepped away they both went running out of the changing rooms. I took a cautious step towards the girl and crouched down in front of her. She launched herself towards me and pulled me into a bear hug.