Chapter 17 - Ghost

I know u all hate me for updating once a fkn year but I honestly just had no idea where the story was going but IM BAAAACK. no more writers block.

Enjoy my loves 💜

--------------------------------------

I never much thought of Ghosts before. But as I stood there in that green pasture, staring upon eyes much like my own, long brown hair that I remember so vividly, with the very same hands that would caress my face at night before bed. It had to be none other. It was my mother.

"You're a ghost" I stammered.

Ghost mother gave a weak smile, tears threatening to spill.

"No love, it's me"

She took a cautious step towards me, tears now falling freely. I watched her as she approached me with a look of awe on her face as she took in every part of me. Every fiber of my being wanted to run, and run fast. I couldn't.

"You've grown so much my little spit fire"
My heart clenched at the familiar nickname. Something, or someone moved to my left. Without thinking I threw a knife in the direction of the noise. Cole barely dodged it.

My mother chuckled "You have grown to be quite the Hunter Lexy"

My fists clenched "don't call me that. Only my mother can call me that"

Sadness filled her features "I know you must be confused Le...Alex. But you don't know the full story"

I felt my anger begin to fade as I looked at this woman, the template from which i was carved

"Then speak!"

"Of course, would you like to follow us to our pack?" Confused I looked to Cole

"Pack? I thought you were a rogue?"

"Yes I am, but we aren't regular rogues
. We didn't choose this life. We were all born into the rogue lifestyle so over the years we came across more and more of us. Now we stay together. As a pack. Wolves are after all, pack animals."

I nodded in understanding.

//

After a half hour of trekking through the woods we made it to the town centre. Ghost mother lead us to a car that drove us 1 hour south of the Silver Cross territory.

As we drove I was on high alert, still not trusting the woman I missed every day of my life.

Unsurprisingly we came to a long driveway that led deep into the woods. Wolves loved to live in the woods, it was where their wolves were most comfortable.

The long driveway led to a large cabin, made entirely of wood. From where we parked I could see more similar cabins of a smaller scale behind it.

My heart was heavy as I cast my memory back to the Silver Cross pack, and their Alpha.

Pushing that thought aside I stepped out of the car, before my feet could even touch the ground I was met with 3 loud growls.

Everything happened so fast, 3 wolves appeared in front of me, as did ghost mother and Cole.

My hand immediately went to my knives, my body in a crouching position ready for a fight. Mother assumed the same position in front of me, and Cole had shifted growling at the three wolves who were challenging us.

"Rick she's my daughter" my mother said weakly to the wolf in the middle.

At that the growls died down, not completely but enough to be less intimidating. The three shifted and stood before us nude. The one in the middle. The one my mother had called Rick, looked furious, and he was staring right at me. I held his eye contact, knowing he would see it as a challenge being a high ranking wolf.

It was odd, this was a rogue pack but I could feel strong waves of power rolling off of him. That kind of power is only felt from an Alpha.

"You're an Alpha" I stated.

His face twitched at that.

"We have no Hierarchy here hunter."

At that I scoffed.

"Really? Cos I can literally smell Alpha on you"

He smirked

"I can smell an Alpha has...been on you as well"

Laughing I said "I think I'm gonna like you Rick"

Rick gave one last low growl and sighed.

"Alright Tess, your daughter can stay as long as the rest are okay with it. I'll call the meeting now"

With that Rick and his two flanking wolves walked off back into the main cabin. Leaving the three of us alone again

Tess. I hadn't heard my mothers name in such a long time. Cole lead us toward the large cabin.

Upon entrance I immediately received weary looks. Some started off aggressive until they saw my mother, in which they instantly toned down their stares.

The cabin was beautiful, it was completely made out of wood. The kitchen was huge, as was the rest of the cabin. There were pictures of wolves everywhere, some smiling, some solemn. It felt like a home.

Rick had gathered their pack into the backyard of the main cabin, where the rest of the cabins stood in the perimeter.

We walked through the cabin onto a large porch where Rick stood with his younger sister I'm assuming due to their similar features. She turned and locked eyes with me, giving me a warm smile. I returned her smile with a curt nod.

Rick noticed us approaching and signalled for us to stand next to him.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming on such short notice." His voice boomed across the field.

Looking out onto the crowd I looked at this pack for the first time. They weren't grubby or homeless looking like I had thought they would. I noticed some men standing nude, the must have just shifted from a run. What caught my eye was their chests. They didn't have the black inky veins around their hearts like most rogues did. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Alexandra is my daughter" at the sound of my name I snapped back to attention. Raising my head in pride I carefully looked around this group of people, making sure to make eye contact with as many as I could to show I was not weak.

One of the men I had locked eyes with chuckled and yelled "Yup, she sure is. Just as intimidating as her mother"

The crowd laughed and that was that. They had accepted me.

//

Saylan

I was worried. I hadn't heard anything from Alex. The red moon had arrived and she still hadn't contacted us. Something must've happened to her.

It was a quiet night, no wolves has approached our headquarters, which was good for us, seeing as we were missing out true leader. Alex.

As soon as the sun rises and the disciples come back from their stations, I was going to call a meeting.

A meeting to invade Silver Cross, to save Alex