Finna

Gaius shook his head angrily and walked away. Merlin gripped tightly to the wooden chair, looking down. Inside me there was a war-was he right? Was he wrong? Should he go? Should he stay? Will I loose him? Can I live if I loose him? Sighing, I walked to him, placing my hands lightly on his back.

"Merlin...."

"I have to go." He let go of the chair, turned his body to face me, and took my hands in his. "You know I do."

"I know...but do you need to go alone?"

"If you come and something happens to you-I wouldn't forgive myself. And Arthur would have me head in a silver plate." he said the last part in a failed attempt to make me smile.

I frowned. "You can't go alone Merlin. If this woman isn't who she claims-"

"Aveline I have to go. It's my only hope to save Arthur." he kisses my hands "The only hope for a future where we can be together."

"I know...be careful?"

"When am I not?" he grins.

I don't answer and he kisses my cheek before heading to the door. There is a small wooden box in the way that he obviously did not see, because next thing I know he trips and nearly falls on his butt

His clumsiness manages to make me giggle.

He stands brushes down his shirt as says "I meant to do that" before leaving.

Only one of Morgana's men had stayed behind, he was to burn the body under Morgana's order. And I had come to stop that. As I pressed myself close to the large tree I recalled the sad events that lead me here. I had spent my time in the gardens with some of the knights, until Merlin's return. He was, pale and shocked. Through a few tears he told me what happened. Of the message, of Finna, of Morgana...of Finna's sacrifice. I was filled with a sense of anger, guilt and resentment. After Merlin had finally fallen asleep, I grabbed my cloak and fled. All that played on my mind was Finna, the old woman that I did not know-but saved everyone's future. She sacrificed herself for everyone, and almost no one will know. I am sickened by Morgana, and oddly pity her. She was such a good person-who knew that the soul rotted that quickly? Today she was so blinded by what she wants, by her hunger for power-that she did not think twice of Finna after she died. If it had not been for one of the men, who told her they should burn the body-she would have left Finna there to decay. No. I would not have let that happened. That is after all why I am here. Hidden in the shadows, watching the man, thinking of the best way to rid myself of him without being caught. Because Finna deserves a proper burial, she is a heroine. In the end I decide something simple is the best way to go. So I use magic to make a rather large branch fall on his head and knock him out. He will not miss Finna's body anyways. I did a quick spell causing Finna's body to slowly lift into the air and follow me. My pace quickened as I remembered that the night would not last forever-and I was not allowed outside without company-much less the entire night.  

Finally I reached a beautiful lake between mountains. The fresh clean air filled my lungs, cleared my mind. It was breathtaking here. The perfect place for Finna. I made a sort of boat from the tress (obviously using magic). I then pick multiple flowers and adorn both the boat and her with them. I placed her softly on some moss, hoping it made a comfortable bed. He skin was ice cold, and it was strange to handle her limp body. Bu I kept moving, never stopping to think that her dead body was in my hands. 

When I was done, I took a second to look at her. She looked so peaceful, like an angel floating on flowers. Using all my strength I pushed the boat into the water and let it make it's way to the middle of the lake. I did not bother to step out of the water, it relaxed me. I waved my hand, creating a fire that would soon consume her body. A tear rolled down my cheek, I fought back the rest. I tell myself that what she was was brave, she was always going to be in my heart. Maybe, I'll name my daughter Finna, in honor of the woman who saved our future. The woman that saved the boy I loved, the woman that saved my world. All in the belief that someday-our kind would live in peace. 

I closed my eyes, clasped my hands together and for the first time in years...I prayed. I prayed that Finna's soul would find heaven, that maybe, she could meet my grandmother and they could watch down upon us. I pray that Merlin will succeed.