Admirers?

I was walking around the town when a guy winked at me. Erg. Weird. I turned around and left through another way. A group of guys smiled, waved, and winked at me. I awkwardly smiled back and left to another direction. The first guy who had winked at me, walked up to me "Hello love"

"Um. Hello...?"

"My name is George and I couldn't help notice how beautiful you are."

"Um. Thanks...?"

He chuckled and put his arm around my shoulder. I froze. Terrible flashes of that day began to run in my head. I could feel my muscles tensing.

"I also noticed that you weren't from around here, and I thought I could show you around." 

NO, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!! I wanted to scream. The flashes of my past kept popping in my mind. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. What should I do? Break his nose like my brother said? I looked around and caught a dash of black hair and blue eyes. Merlin. 

I wiggled my way out of George's arm "Actually I was here to meet someone. See over there?" I pointed at Merlin "He was going to show me around today. So I apologize but I really must leave you."

Before he could say anything else I ran over to Merlin.

"Hello Merlin" I said trying to catch my breath

Merlin turned around. A wide smile growing on his face "Hello Aveline...what happened to you?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" wow I need to get into shape I can't breath.

"You can't breath and you look stressed out."

"Oh! That! Nothing I just saw you and you know wanted to say 'Hello'....so what are you up to?"

"Nothing much, just buying some things Arthur needs"

"You wouldn't mind if I accompany you?"

"Not at all, I'm almost done anyways. Arhtur wanted me to buy  Gwenevere another dress."

"How sweet of him."

"It was my idea" said Merlin "He wanted to get her something and didn't know what to get her. Honestly she's been eyeing the dresses every time she sees them in the market."

"Well let us get her one." I smiled and took Merlin's hand skipping over to a stand packed with beautiful dresses. We stood in front of a scarlet dress with a golden border. 

"This one seems nice." I said turning to Merlin. He nodded in agreement. His cheeks seemed a light shade of pink. Was he blushing? That's when I realized our hands were still intertwined. I quickly pulled my hand to my head pretending to fix my hair. I looked away feeling my cheeks grow warm  and dearly hopping I wasn't blushing.

Merlin cleared his throat. "Do you think this dress will fit her?"

"Yes I do believe so."

Two second after standing there awkwardly we were approached by the sales man. He seemed to be around my age. He was tall with dark brown hair and olive green eyes. 

"Hello" he greeted us with a pearly white smile.

"Hello. We were wondering how much this dress is for." I said pointing at the scarlet dress.

He walked over to the dress and put it down "For you? Half price."

Was he serious? This dress was worth a lot o money, it was made of silk and gold....

"Thank you. How much would that be then?" I asked

He handed me the dress "One gold coin"

ONE GOLD COIN! That is way to cheap for a dress like this.

"Are you sure? This dress seems as if it is worth much more."

"A beautiful dress for a beautiful girl."

My cheeks felt warm again "That is very sweet of you"

Merlin took out the money and we left.

"That was so strange." I said once we had arrived at the castle.

Merlin chuckled "Yeah? It seems you have a few admirers."

My eyes shot wide open "No I don't!!!"

"Yes you do!" he teased 

"Never say that again!"

"Why not?"

"Because I....I"

"Whats wrong" he said, suppressing a smile

"BecuseIneverhadanactualguylikemeandIdon'tknowhowtoreactanditscaresmebecauseI'veneverdatedanyone."

"One more time I didn't really catch that. Maybe if you said it slower."

I took  deep breath "I said because I never had an actual guy like me and I don't know how to react and it scares me because I've never dated anyone " I looked down at my shoes.

Merlin lifted my head slowly with his thumb "Don't worry. That is nothing to be ashamed of."

I felt a strange bubbling feeling in my stomach. His blues eyes met mine and the feeling got stronger. "You are to kind Merlin" I whispered before embracing him in a hug.