Jealous? Me? No....

I stood next to Arthur waiting for Merlin. He was suppose to be looking for  Gwenevere who was being late. Merlin came without air.

"Merlin did you find her?"

"No. I searched everywhere." panted Merlin

"Merlin its not just me you're keeping waiting."

"Well where is she?"

"That's what I sent you to find out!"

"Do you have know how big this place is?!"

"Fairly enough I do."

"Then you should have a look."

"Look is there anything you're actually good at?"

Kissing.

"Putting up with you."

Before Arthur could kill Merlin I cleared my throat. They both turned to me and I nodded at the top of the staircase, where Gwenevere was now standing. Arthur gave is wife a loving smile. 

She walked down and apologized to Arthur for being late. I stood behind them and Gwenevere's maid and Merlin stood behind me. Merlin smiled to the girl and she smiled back before turning away so he wouldn't notice her blushing face. I noticed. I felt a strange sense of anger and protection. I didnt want her to be standing next to Merlin. Hell, I didn't want her to be within 10 miles of Merlin. We walked in and took our seats. My mind left off into my thoughts as Arthur began to give a speech. Yes his words were inspiring and all, but I couldn't care less at the moment. That girl was standing next to Merlin.

Of course I don't have much of a right to stop him from being with anyone. Yes we kissed twice, yes I love him, yes he took care of me when I was ill, and yes he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But well...I am a princess and he is a servant. I know that Arthur and Gwenevere faced the same problem when they fell in love...except for one thing. Women, as you might know, don't really have as much power as men do. Kings may do as they please, marry who they wish. It is not the same for a princess, we must always do what we are told and our voices don't count for much. I would only be able to marry or be with Merlin if my father permitted it, alas my father is far away and I doubt he would allow such a thing to happen. I sighed miserably. My father would surely have me marry a knight or noble man.  The day went on with out my attention. I day dreamed of Merlin and my grandmother. I wish she was still alive. I wish she could have met Merlin. It was time to stand up again and leave the room. Merlin crashed into someone. I turned and realized he had crashed into that girl. What was her bloody name? Merlin knelt down to help her. I felt that strange angry feeling again. I couldn't just stand there and watch so I walked on with Arthur and Gwenevere. 

"Arthur?"

"Yes?"

"Where did Merlin go?" I looked around as if I had just noticed he wasn't with us.

"He was helping Sefa clean up a mess." answered Gwenevere

"Oh so when I tell him to clean something he doesn't do it, but he does when she asks for help?"

Gwenevere just smiled at him knowing not to fight this with her husband, after all he wasn't really angry.

"Merlin!" he called

Nothing

"MERLIN!"

Soon enough we heard Merlin's footsteps running towards us

"Yes sir?"

"Next time you want to clean something up, tell me. I have thousands of things you can work one." smiled Arthur

"Excuse me Arthur, I was wondering if I could go for a walk today?" I asked shyly "I know I went yesterday...but I just...I would like to be out side for a minute."

"You are aware that I cannot let you go alone."

"Yes I know."

"In light of what has recently happened I don't want to stress you with much company." He turned to Merlin "Merlin go with her. But be back soon. We leave early tomorrow."

~Outside~

"What did her mean? That you leave early tomorrow."

"Weren't you listening?"

I shook my head. He smiled and explained that some of the men were missing. Arthur had plans of saving them, and the they believed Morgana to be behind all of it.

"Merlin you can't go! You can't let Arthur put himself in that kind of danger!"

"I've already tried to convince him. He's strong headed. He'll die for his men if he has to."

"I'm not sure if Arthur is brave or foolish."

Merlin gave me a wiry smile "I still have to fix all his things for the trip."

A sudden image of Merlin helping Sefa rushed into my mind.

"Why don't you ask Sefa. I bet she'd love to help you anytime." I said angrily

"Sefa? What do you mean?"

"Oh so you haven't noticed how she looks at you? Or how she's always standing next to you? Or how she blushes when you smile?" I asked

Merlin blinked. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No! I-I just don't like her. And I don't think it is appropriate for you to be flirting with her."

"I am not flirting." he laughed

"Yes you are!" I snapped

"If I'm flirting then you are jealous."

"I am not!" I stamped my foot and turned so that my back faced him.

He slowly walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling my back into his front. I crossed my arms and ignored him. He sighed and rested his chin on my head.

"Aveline you know I love you. "

I felt the familiar warm feeling in my belly. The anger left my body, I turned around resting my head on his chest.

"I love you too Merlin. I just wish this was easier. I wish my grandmother was here. I wish you could have met her. She would have loved you, she would have made tons of pies." I giggled

"Pies?"

"Yeah she was a great cook. We would save up money, and on my birthday she would make me a pie. We were so poor...but we were so happy. I wish I could be like that again. You and I-it would be possible. We wouldn't have to worry about status."

Merlin cupped my chin and I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Aveline don't worry. We'll find a way."

I nodded "I'm sorry I was jealous...I guess that fact that she could have you and I can't just popped my bubble."

"I am yours." he took my hand in his "And you are mine."

I smiled as our lips met.