No Goodbyes

I shook my head. "Father I told you I don't need another dress"
"Are you sure my dear? This color is quite nice" offered my father. He was due to leave today with my brother and the guards that had escorted us to Camelot. My father wanted me to spend the day with them, but he kept wanting to buy me things.
"I already have a dress like this one"
My brother gave a loud cough "Can we please move on?I'm tired of shopping"
"Very well" said my father reluctantly leaving the small dress stand. We took a short walk out of Camelot. This was going to be my favorite. I told myself. I love the forest, so naturally I will be spending time exploring this new forest.
As if reading my mind my father took my hand "You know you won't be aloud here without a proper escort"
"Father!" I whined
"Its too dangerous"
"Oh father stop treating her like a child, she can fend for herself. Isn't she aloud a moment of privacy?" asked my brother
I gave him a thankful smile and he returned it with a rather toothy smile "Plus father if she is always with someone how do you plan on marrying her? Shell always have someone there watching, it wont be comfortable for the groom." Was my father saying I was going to spend the rest of my life alone? Wait. Groom? Marriage? ???? Surely my father did not intend on me marring anyone soon! Does he?
My father cleared his throat "All the same, please Aveline be careful."
I smiled and hugged my father "I will"
The rest of trip was nice. Edmond picked a few long branches and we all battled to (pretend) death.I saw my brothers horse was ready and my brothers was almost done. That's when it finally hit me. They are leaving. I wont be seeing them for a long time...maybe never again. No. They will return triumphant. I know they will. Noticing the large frown on my face my brother held my hand "Everything will be alright Aveline."
"I know but-"
"Butts are for sitting."
I managed a weak smile. 
"You know if any guy bothers you just use that move I showed you ok?" He winked
I chuckled"Ok I will. Do I use the one where I break their nose or the one where I break their leg?"
Edmond shrugged "Both"
I shook my head "Not everything is solved with violence you know."
"Most things are."
"If you day so Edmond"
he smiled and pulled me into a a hug "Love you sis"
"Love you too brother. I just don't want to say goodbye. I don't want to loose you...never again."
"You won't. You are my sister and I will always be here for you. Always."
I wanted to cry. My eyes were tearing up. My grandmother had said the same lines...and I haven't seen her in so long. She was very sick...and didn't want to see me suffer so she sent me to my father. I miss her so much and now I'm going to miss my brother and father...my entire family was leaving me for my own good. 
"I don't want to say goodbye" I repeated
"Then don't. Say until later."
"I will"
"Plus if I don't come back who is going to find you a suitable husband?"
I rolled my eyes before Edmond poked my belly.
I poked him back "Don't Edmond"
He tried to poke me again but I moved out of his was. Before he knew it I had poked him again.
"I'm going to get you!" he roared 
"Ahhhh!"I giggled as I ran away from him.