•thirty eight•

Start from the beginning

"Yeah?"

"I really am sorry about telling Jimin where you were. I didn't think you would be this upset by it." His face is full of genuine guilt, making his apology more acceptable.

You offer a small smile, feeling the sense and calmness return. "It's alright, Hobi. You didn't know."

He smiles softly back. "Thanks."

Offering a small nod, you're about to leave as you heave the bag onto your shoulder but Hoseok speaks again. "But, uh, Y/N." You turn around to face him. "It has been six years; I think it's not just best for him but best for you to possibly think about just forgiving him and deciding to get rid of that toxic place in your heart."

He says it in the coolest tone he possibly can, hoping you'll understand what he's trying to say without getting mad. You stare at him blankly, knowing his words are more than true. Whether you're still hurt or not, you have to be stronger than this. What happened was all in the past and whether Jimin deserves your forgiveness or not, you do need to let it go.

"I'll try. Thank you, Hoseok." You reach in to hold his shoulder and give it a small squeeze. He squeezes your hand on his shoulder back and flashes you a bright smile. "Alright, now get in there before they finally decide to fire you."

You giggle, turning the sweet hold to a punch.

.

"Alright, anymore groups?" You call out, your finger lingering on the off button for your camera.

The dancers and choreographer shake their head. It was a smaller class today, but it was still exhausting to film the dancers as the choreographer was particularly picky about your filming style. No wonder barely anyone showed up today.

"Okay, great! Well done everyone." You switch your camera off as people give a mini applause to signal the end of the class.

Shifting to your usual spot in the corner, you start to pack up your things and camera. You grab your unfinished bagel by the side and take a bite, dying to get a proper meal once you get home.

"Ms. Y/N?"

"Hm?" You answer with an odd noise, mouth full of bread. Thinking it's the choreographer behind you, you answer with muffled voice "I ain't filming the same people again." You almost laugh at yourself, there's no way anyone would be able to understand you.

"Sorry, Ms. Y/N?"

The polite tone sounds too polite compared to the choreographer earlier. You whip around your head, hands freezing on your bag when you see an incredibly buff and tall man standing smartly in a black and white suit.

He holds a huge bouquet of expensive flowers. "These are for you." He keeps a straight face as he holds them out to you.

Still staring oddly, you swallow the lump of bread mush in your mouth and accept them. "Do I know you?"

He shakes his head gently. "I'm afraid not ma'am. But this man does." Following his words, he hands a clean white envelope to you.

It takes you a few seconds as you glance between him and the envelope before taking it. You place the flowers on the table behind you and scrappily open the envelope, anxious with his strong gaze on you.

Opening the note inside, a signed message waits for you to read it.

I know you don't want to see me. But please just let me make it up to you as much as I can. You only deserve to be happy. Jimin xx

You don't even need to see his name at the bottom, you recognize his hand-writing immediately. Details of a reservation for restaurant follows and your eyebrows raise at the fancy name it has.