Romantic Dinner

I was at my room with Christa and she was holding a beautiful dress in her hands.

- It's a shame, really! That they would deliver this dress by mistake - she said while showing it to me - Guess this is what happens when you order online. Anyhow, I would like you to have it.

I was looking at her, speechless. Why would she give me a dress out of the blue?

- Are you sure you want me to have it? What about your other friends..?

- I already gave them things.. well it's not important! - she happily put the dress in front of me - it will look stuning on you! Just try it on.

I dressed it and looked in the mirror. It was all black and showed a bit more skin than the one from yesterday. That one was more of a fancy gathering type of dress and this one was more one of going out.

- It looks wonderful! I want you to wear it today. For dinner.

- For dinner? Will there be another fancy ocasion like yesterday? I thought you said that day was an exception...

Christa made an expression that made her look very suspicious. What were her intentions?

- I want you to wear it today because I just gave it to you now! And it would be rude not to wear it. Right?

I narrowed my eyes, trying to understand her angle, but in the end I gave in. The dress was indeed pretty.

- Perfect! Now let's take care of that hair...

- My hair too??

- Of course!

_____________

I was walking beside Christa towards the main hall and I realised that everyone else was dressed casually. I started to regret going along with what she asked.

When we were about to get there, Christa turned in a different corridor. 

- Where are you going? Isn't it that way?

- No. Today you'll be having dinner in a different place. - she softly smiled and I was really confused.

She opened a door and I was left in awe when I saw a smaller division with a few round tables with candles at the center of each. The dim light was giving a soft and welcoming ambience. There was a chandelier wich lights were softly illuminating the table at the center. In that very table there was a tall man waiting for me.

- Bertholdt..?

Christa gave me a gently push on my back indicating me to enter and join him on the table.

- Have fun! - she left and closed the door behind her.

I walked towards the table slowly. 

Certainly this must be a dream... 

- Hey. Y-you look... nice. - he said with a very tense tone.

- You too.

He pulled the chair so I could sit and then went to the other side of the table to his own chair.

- So this is what you meant when you invited me to dinner today...?

- Actually this was someone else's doing... I wasn't going for something so fancy... I hope you don't mind...

In that moment I realised he must be talking about Christa. I didn't even know she knew that I was interested in him... but she didn't know the whole story. About them... so probably Bertholdt was caught off guard as well. She tricked both of us!