I quickly ran to the bathroom and pulled out three things from my bag. I began to weave my fingers through my hair, braiding it, and tying it off with two simple rubber bands. I slid on the fake glasses and picked up the last item, a casual dress. Quickly but carefully, I pulled it over my head without messing with my hair. I admired myself in the mirror for a moment before heading back downstairs.

Rex looked at me in stunned silence before speaking. "This was the very important thing that you had to do? What the f*ck are you wearing?! We're doing an exchange, not attending the school dance."

I ignored him and walked over to Trey, who did not comment. "You know how to handle a gun?" I nodded curtly. "Alright then, get in the car." I moved quickly to follow Trey into his car as Rex locked the door.

As Trey began to drive, I clutched at my pocket nervously. Yes, I had shot a gun before, but usually that was under a very controlled environment with Chase present. When I shot that man in the leg that day, it had been the adrenaline spurring me. I had anticipated that I would eventually have to use one again, but I hadn't thought that Trey would trust me enough so soon to be the only person who would be armed during the exchange. In other words, I was playing watchdog.

Why was my gun vibrating?

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone.

"Good evening, Miss Reagan."

I inhaled sharply and glanced to see whether Trey or Rex had noticed. I hadn't had a chance to speak to Dr. Williams out of class since the day that I had agreed to let her teach me the guitar. Due to my busy schedule, I hadn't followed through on that offer yet. Nonetheless, the tension between us was gone now and I was grateful for that.

"Good evening, Professor."

"How would you like to come to my house for a guitar lesson after class on Friday?"

I froze. I wanted to, I really did, but I still questioned the morality of my actions. I sighed. It was unlikely that anyone would find out, and although student-professor personal relationships were frowned upon, they weren't illegal as we were both consenting adults.

Not like what you're doing now.

I quickly pushed that thought out of my brain the moment it appeared. I had to focus on this right now and I couldn't be distracted by second thoughts.

"That would be lovely. Thanks for the invitation."

I only had to wait ten seconds for the response.

"The pleasure's all mine. I'm looking forward to getting to know you outside of class."

My phone went off again and I saw Trey sending me another look.

"We could have dinner together too. Is there anything that you don't like to eat?"

I quickly typed out a response and put my phone on silent before tucking it back into my pocket.

"Anything would be great, thank you. I apologize, but unfortunately I have to go now. I will see you in class tomorrow."

Returning my gaze to the front of the car, I gripped my pocket tightly. "Would you prefer I kept my phone on me?"

"Yes, but turn that ringer off."

"It's off." I said as we pulled into the parking lot.

"We'll walk from here." It was still relatively light outside when I got out of the car. Trey pulled out his phone and checked his messages before putting it away. "Alright, so the place is four blocks over. It's pretty sketchy so be prepared."