20

[Home]

Jinyoung looked through the airplanes that he kept in the drawer as Daehwi was sitting downstairs. Or so that's what he had thought. Jinyoung opened up an airplane to see the same butterfly drawing. The birthday note for him, he smiled unconsciously. Daehwi was watching tv till his phone gave him a reminder sharing an important part for the day. He smiled as he decided to go out, he patted Geon who was laying next to him on the sofa.

"Want to help me get a cake for hyungie?"

Daehwi whispered in his soft voice as Geon stares at him before sharing a smile. Jinyoung walked in seeing them smile at one and another as he raised a brow in curiosity.

"Did you two do something? What's up with the smiles?"

"Ah it's nothing. I'm gonna take Geon out for a walk okay?"

"Yeah sure, take the leash, it should be by the front door."

Jinyoung said as he walked to the kitchen to get something to eat. Daehwi celebrated silently as he lead Geon to the front door. He attached the leash onto Geon's collar then opened the door.

"See you later Jinyoung!"

Daehwi shouted inside of the house receiving a bye from the latter. Jinyoung rushed to the front side of the door and watch Daehwi and Geon walked off peacefully. He smiled before looking away from the window after losing sight of them.

"Daehwi must've forgot, dang."

Jinyoung mumbled, he didn't think that Daehwi would forget about his birthday. Jinyoung sat in the living room watching whatever appears on tv. Jinyoung was comfortable, he was also getting sleepy since he doesn't sleep as much as average people.

[Cake Shop]

"Ah, Geon, you're gonna have to stay out here, they don't allow pets in there."

Daehwi said sadly with his pouty face, he tied the leash around a pole as Geon just look at him still smiling brightly.

"Pick one okay? Chocolate on my right hand and Vanilla on the left."

Daehwi waited as he held out his hands for Geon to select, it took a minute before Geon picked his left hand. He smiled as he pats Geon's head and walked inside. As soon as he walked in, the smell of cakes were welcoming him. He was amazed as the cake displays all over the shop. Daehwi looked around either glancing at cake displays or the cake book that contained different designs.

"Hello there~, do you need something?"

The worker asked as he walked over to Daehwi, Daehwi smiled as he was thinking what to say.

"Uhh, I'm looking for a birthday cake for a close friend of mine, do you have any suggestions?"

"Fruit cake possibly? Is there a certain type that your friend is into?"

"The thing is, I'm not sure, I can go with the vanilla berry cake."

"Alright, I'll get that coming out fresh. Please come with me to the front counter."

The worker said as he smiles to Daehwi and led him back to the front. Daehwi paid for the ordered cake then was left to wait for another couple hours. Daehwi went out of the shop to play with Geon to kill time.

"Were you bored Geon?"

Daehwi said in his soft voice as he caressed Geon's head. This must be how someone felt after taming a wolf, so much like a dog and more aggressive. The door opened behind Daehwi which made him flinch a bit.

"Sorry, but your ordered cake is ready!"

The worker said as he presented Daehwi the boxed cake. Daehwi looked inside making sure it is how he ordered.

"It's pretty, thank you so much!"

Daehwi compliments as he closed the box and took hold of the box. They exchanged goodbyes before the worker headed back inside and Daehwi untied the leash that was attached to Geon's collar. They walked down the streets returning home.

[Home]

Jinyoung was pacing back and forth between the kitchen and living room. Thoughts were mainly on Daehwi and Geon's whereabouts.

"They must be taking another path, they'll be back soon. Just calm down."

Jinyoung mumbled to himself but his anxious thoughts took over. Even if so, there shouldn't be no one else to target Jinyoung, he made sure he killed that person back in the woods. Jinyoung checked his phone making sure if Daehwi had sent a message or tried to call him. Nothing, he lowered the phone but as soon as it reached his pockets, the phone rang. He picked it up quickly not even checking the caller id.

"Yah, Daehwi, where did you go?"

Jinyoung said with a little hint of worry in his voice.

"Daehwi? Jinyoung? Its me, Jaehwan..?"

Jinyoung lowered the phone from his ear and mentally facepalmed. He was gonna let out a shout but he kept it in as he raised the phone again.

"What do you want Jaehwan?"

"It's nothing, just curious if you can lend over some money..?"

"For what? Casino? No."

"What? Come on! You always let me borrow some of your money!"

"Get a job you lazy hacker."

"Wow, name calling now? I see how it is small head."

"I take that as a compliment, bye bye now."

Jinyoung hang up the call and put away his phone as the front door opened. He heard footsteps running towards him, he met Geon who was holding on the box with a blue ribbon attached. Daehwi came in after smiling brightly towards Jinyoung and approached him giving him a hug.

"You guys went out somewhere instead of walking huh?"

"Sorta like that, but here. Happy birthday."

Daehwi said as he takes the box and opened it to reveal with berry cake. He takes out the package of newly brought candles and stick them on the cake then head to the kitchen to find a lighter. Jinyoung sat on the sofa admiring the cake till Daehwi returned lighting the candles and sat across from Jinyoung.

"It's not much, this is all I can provide on your birthday."

"It's better than you forgetting, thank you."

Jinyoung said before thinking of a wish, he closed his eyes as he thinks for a good wish. He smiled after he looked at Daehwi then blow out the candles. Daehwi clapped cheerfully, Jinyoung stood up and walked over to Daehwi's side. Jinyoung pulled Daehwi up from the ground as the two exchanged smiles.

"Thank you for being alive all this time."

Jinyoung said softly, before Daehwi was able to respond, Jinyoung held onto the back of Daehwi's neck and pulled him close. The two lips were met, savoring each other in the deep kiss.