11

Daehwi arrived at the scene and met with the crowd at the family's gate. He squeezed through and made it to where the police was pushing everyone back. From what can be seen, the car door was open along with a broken windshield. Blood was on the concrete, the driver's seat, on the other side, he can see blood splatter on the front door of the house. He slowly made his way down to the ground still can't believe what he's seeing. He looked ahead of him in between the police, two people laying under a white sheet. Not being able to hold it in any longer, his tears flow out of his eyes. Jinyoung was still watching from the other side, knowing that he can't be caught here at the crime scene. Someone came to him and handed him another envelope, Jinyoung took it and throw it back at the person.

"Remember what I said? No more, this was the last one."

"If you don't do it, everyone around you will perish. With you watching as well."

"Do it, I don't have anyone to watch over anyways."

"You sure.?"

Jinyoung nodded but the person pulled out a silenced pistol and aimed it towards the crowd. As the crowd started to break, Jinyoung see who it was aimed at. As the trigger was being pulled, Jinyoung grabbed the barrel and aimed it down at the ground.

"Idiot! Do you want us to get caught?!"

"It's only will be on you."

He let go of the pistol and took off running, Jinyoung dropped the pistol before realizing people were staring at him. He cursed before taking off in the run, cops saw Jinyoung chased after him shooting their weapons hoping it would stop him. Daehwi watches Jinyoung run from the scene after dropping the pistol, everything makes sense to him now. Now a decision that Daehwi wished he would never come to, report that Jinyoung was the murder or let Jinyoung go. Jinyoung pulled down couple boxes hoping it would slow down the cops. But because Daehwi saw him there, he doesn't know what to do. He could probably go up to Daehwi and explained that or go out clean, not exposing the truth that he killed them.

"Hey! Stop!"

Jinyoung glanced back then turned the corner, he hit a dead end. He doesn't have time to turn around and run the other way. He opened up a bin and crawled inside and carefully closed the lid. He was stuck in a trash bin for who knows how long. He had to cover himself under the trash bags in case they opened it.

[After Investigations]

As the police left Daehwi's house, Daehwi went back there to visit. The blood smell was still around, blood dried up on the floor, wall, chair, door. A white outline of his mother positioned by the front door. He glanced inside of the car to see more blood, there was a small hole on the head section of the chair. He went to the front door and hesitated to open it. As he reached for the door, someone else grabbed it and opened it for him. He looked back and saw Jinyoung in a new set of clothes.

"W-What are y-you doing here?"

He stuttered, what happened earlier, he doesn't want to see Jinyoung after all of this.

"What happened earlier, I was only doing it in your protection."

"Protection?"

"You're not safe at all-"

"Why? I'm the next victim?"

"No, not on my watch. You have to stay around me or be in my eyesight."

"I don't want to, I can live on my own."

Before Jinyoung can speak, Daehwi went inside the house to pretty much adventure again. The place was untouched, nothing went missing though Daehwi had thought of it before. Daehwi now, he is going to have to take over his adopted parents money and hope for the best of his future. He dug out his phone and dialed his favorite sunbae's phone number.

"Hello? Daehwi?"

"Minhyunie~"

"Daehwi-ah, are you okay? I heard about your-"

"I'm fine, I'm wondering if you have an extra place for me to stay in for now."

"I'm sorry Hwi, Daniel and Seongwu took the last room I have, I doubt that they'll give you some room on the bed."

"Okay, well, first off I wouldn't sleep with OngNiel knowing how they are with one and another. Secondly, it's fine, I'll find a way."

The two exchanged byes and Daehwi hung up the phone then put it away. Jinyoung walked up behind Daehwi after eavesdropping on the call.

"You can stay over at my place."

Jinyoung said smoothly, Daehwi would take his offer but he still doesn't want to be around the latter.

"You won't have to see me, you can have the second floor all to yourself."

"Then I can't leave."

"I'll set up a ladder then."

"I'll just ask my hyungs."

"It's less work to just take my offer and go along with it."

Daehwi was going to get his phone out again but Jinyoung stopped him. Daehwi glared at Jinyoung's eyes to feel something different from him.

"Are you really the kid that I know from the orphanage?"

Daehwi said making Jinyoung think about that statement before letting go and look away.

"That helping aura isn't even around you no more, what happened to you?"

Daehwi may sound brave throughout that but he really is scared internally. Not wanting to take Jinyoung's presence, he sighed and walked passed him leaving the house. Jinyoung stood there not knowing what to do anymore. He looked back after hearing the door slams shut.

"After tomorrow, you won't be safe at all."

Jinyoung mumbled as he walked out of the house returning back to his home.

[Jinyoung's Home]

He immediately went to his bedroom and laid there as Geon accompanied him around the room. He felt terrible and guilty that he hurt the person he wants to protect.

"Now I feel like an idiot, I should've took the other option and rather risk my own life protecting Daehwi from danger."

He hit himself couple times before sitting up, Geon was sleeping soundly when he looked. He grabbed the stinky black outfit and carried it down to his laundry room. He threw them in the washer before heading back up getting ready to go to bed.

"It's going to be a long day tomorrow, nothing to do anymore."