"Could it possibly be because none of the other students listen to My Chemical Romance instead of paying attention?" Indie asked playfully

Sami narrowed her eyes at the question and shoved Indie, luckily not forceful enough to cause to her fall.Thank goodness.

"That," Sami poked Indie's chest with her index finger,"Is not my fault.Have you ever heard his lectures? They're more boring than those  book club meets my mom goes to."

"What? You didn't think Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was a good read?" Indie teased

"I'm this close to smacking you."

Indie brought her index and thumb finger together and made a zipping motion across her lips.Sami smiled at that, playfully nudging Indie with her hip as they entered the bathroom.

Indie began to say something but stopped at hearing a female voice.A voice that Indie knew very well.

Indie and Sami walked in to see a tall, brunette girl talking to someone through one of the stalls.

Just as Indie had thought. Sophia.

The brunette turned to look at Sami and Indie.Sami crossed her arms while Indie just looked right back at her.For a moment,Indie swore something flashed in Sophia's eyes.

"Hi Sophia." Indie forced herself to say

Sophia opened her mouth to respond when a flushing noise came from one of the stalls. And out came Lyla. Lyla turned her head to see who else was in the bathroom.

"Why were you talking to these two?" Lyla sneered

"I wasn't." Sophia immediately answered

Indie internally winced.Even after all these years,it still stung a little.

"And if she was,what's the big deal?" Sami asked Lyla

"Did it look like I was talking to you?"

"You're about to not be able to talk at all." Sami took a step forward with her fists clenched

"Sami,stop." Indie broke in

"Come on,Lyla." Sophia grabbed Lyla's arm,"We should get going."

"Good idea. Because I'd hate for you to have to cheer with a few teeth missing." Sami threatened

Lyla shot Sami a dirty glare as she left the bathroom,Sophia trailing right behind her.

"I swear,one day..." Sami walked over to the bathroom mirror

Indie didn't hear the rest of what Sami said because she was too busy thinking about how Sophia almost talked to her.

She remembered the days when she and Sophia used to get in trouble for always talking.Now Sophia acted like she wouldn't be caught dead talking to Indie.

"Hey,are you okay?"

Indie turned her head when she realized Sami had asked her a question.Sami was looking at her like she knew what Indie was thinking.Shrugging,Indie nodded.

"Yeah,I'm fine."

"Lyla is a conceited tramp that sleeps with every guy that has a pulse."

Sophia has no issue being her best friend though. Indie's subconscious pointed out to her

"And you're way better than her." Sami continued,"So don't let her get to you."

"If anything,I should be telling you this. I can't have you suspended for fighting."