010 | my mind

[pic credits to massoud91]

The rickety wooden door releases an ear-splitting shriek as you open it. The horrific sounds frightens me and my heavy eyelids pop open.

Through my blurred vision, I see your body shift positions throughout the room. You're attempting to be quiet. You don't want me to know that you've come in during the early hours of the morning.

I suddenly feel the bed dip beside me. You say nothing. Rather, you tug at the covers that are covering my body, allowing yourself to find warmth as I lose my own.

Just as I think that I'm going to get a good night's sleep, you utter something under your breath. What escapes your lips? A name. Who's name? The name of a woman whom I can assume you spend your time with when I'm not around. A secret that you can't keep any longer.

I turn my head slightly to look at you. Your eyelids are still closed and your heavy breathing allows me to know that you're still in a state of slumber. I fight off the urge to brush those beautifully structured curls away from your face.

I blink multiple times, trying to fight the tears that are begging to escape my eyes.

I don't have enough strength, though. Within seconds, the droplet shaped solution cascades down my cheeks and onto the blush pillow below my heavy head.

What seems to be a million and one thoughts float throughout my mind. What did I do to deserve this?

————————————————————-