005 | hot tub chronicles

She hums along to the sounds of nature as she sits comfortably in the heated body of water. Her tense muscles relax greatly, and she releases a sigh of relaxation. A cool breeze blows passed her face and she smiles in content. A wonderful way to end a wonderful day.

It is Friday night—well early Saturday morning to be specific—and the day consisted of multiple activities, ranging from interviews to lunches and breaks to preparing for premieres. Though her job as an assistant choreographer on the set of Aladdin doesn't require her to be there for everything the cast does, being the wife of the star of the movie does.

She indeed enjoys being the wife of an actor. The rush and adrenaline that comes along with it is amazing, but following the same schedule he does, on top of her own profession gets tiring. So, being able to take some time to relax is something she enjoys.

The door of the hotel that leads to the pool and hot tub opens slowly, creaking softly as it is pushed. Y/N's head lifts and she turns her head towards the direction of the noise. A small smile forms on her lips as it is Mena who has come to join her.

"Should've known you'd be out here," he says. "You e been talking about the hot tub for a minute."

Y/N chuckles and moves her hands around in the water. "Yeah. Thought I'd get my time in before being thrust back into a jam packed schedule."

Mena hums and scans his surroundings, noticing no one else is out here except for them. He smiles small. "Mind if I join you?" Y/N shakes her head and beckons for him to come in. Outside of sleeping, at the moment, it is very rare for them to have their alone time, so they might as well make the most of it while they can.

Mena pulls his gray tee shirt over his head and slips out of his shoes. He climbs in the hot tub, sighing at the feel of the warm water soothing his tense muscles. He sits across from his wife, his beautiful brown eyes soaking in her beauty.

Her skin is glowing, not only from happiness and the sheen of water on her skin, but from the beams of the moon above her. Her textured hair sits in a bun upon her head and a few loose strands fall around her face. Her lips rest in a line, not smiling, but not frowning either, and her mocha irises are staring right back at him.

"What about me always keeps you staring?" Y/N questions jokingly, splashing her husband a bit. He chuckles shyly and shrugs. "Everything."

Y/N smiles bashfully. Even after being married for a while, he still has no problem making her blush and feel like she's the only woman in the world. He's just that charming.

Mena smiles in content at her reaction. He loves knowing he can still get her flustered.

"Come here," he says, pulling his hand out of the water to gesture her towards him. Y/N removes herself from the small bench she sat on and wades through the water towards her husband.

He reaches for her hand and intertwines their fingers together and pulls her towards him. Y/N settles herself upon his lap. She wraps her arms around his neck and smiles cheekily. Mena's hands rest upon her thighs.

"You think you're in the mood to watch a movie when we head back to the room? I've been itching to watch Bad Boys."

Mena chuckles lowly and nods. "You better not complain about having to get up tomorrow morning."

Y/N rolls her eyes playfully. "I won't. Even if I complain, I'm not the one who struggles to get up."

"Alright, alright," Mena laughs, knowing she's right. He has never been a morning person. Never have been, never will be. He's a night owl for sure.

The two sit in a comfortable silence. Y/N leans down and lays her head against his shoulder. Her eyes gaze at the stars dancing in happiness above them. A content sigh falls from her lips as Mena's hand travels to her back, rubbing small circle against her bare skin in the water.

"I'm so lucky for you," Y/N mumbles. "God sent me a good one."

Mena smiles small. "He sent me a good one too. Don't know what I'd do with you, love."

Y/N moves her head and presses a soft kiss against his jaw, muttering, "I love you."

He places a kiss against the side of her head and whispers that he loves her too, more than she could ever imagine.

————————————————————-