Story 3: The Dust Bunny Problem

Start from the beginning

"My name is Edwin. But my friends here call me Ed. I'm the leader of bunny clan six one nine," she said.

"LAME," said Kevin from under Mabel's bed.

"Six one nine? I'd have assumed you'd be clan six one eight," said Dipper.

"Oh please. That's the most predictable name. We're different. And before you ask, yes. Yes, we are the keepers of the dirty laundry. But we can't stand the smell of it!" yelled Ed.

"Ha. I told you, Dipper," said Mabel.

Dipper rolled his eyes.

"So, if you hate the smell of my laundry, then why don't you just give it to the bunny boys over there? They seem to enjoy it," asked Dipper.

"We're not giving up anything unless we get a fair trade. We used to trade stickers with them for a dirty sock. But then they got greedy and kept it all to themselves! So, we retaliated by keeping the laundry down here. But even we have limits. That last amount you sister shoved down here was the final straw," yelled Ed.

Back under Mabel's bed, the same story was being played out but to make the other side look bad.

"So, you see Mabel, we have our limits. Your brother throwing those stickers under here was the final straw," said Kevin.

"But guys, the solution is simple. Just trade a bit with each other and you'll have peace again," said Mabel.

Back on Dipper's side, he had just said the same thing. Ed began to laugh.

"Never. Those greedy stink boys can keep their stickers. They'll never trade fair."

"And until they admit their side smells worse," said Kevin...

"WE'RE NOT SHARING A THING!" said the two of them simultaneously.

Dipper and Mabel stood up and walked to the door.

"Mabel. What are we going to do? These dust bunnies..."

"DUST BUNNY BOYS!" yelled Kevin.

"DUST BUNNY CLAN!" yelled Ed.

"Whatever they are, won't stop fighting. And they won't share anything," said Dipper.

"Well I'll say this. They explain why I keep finding my perfume under your bed," said Mabel.

"Mabel focus! What do we do about the bunnies?"

The twins thought for a while.

Mabel looked over at their beds. Dipper did too. As if twin senses kicked in at the same moment, they both came up with an idea.

"I got it," they both said.

"Oh, uh, you first," said Dipper to Mabel. He assumed Mabel's idea wouldn't make sense so he felt confident about his plan.

"Why not instead of solving this problem diplomatically, we just make the bunnies switch which bed they're under. The ones under my bed like the smell of you dirty clothes, which I have no idea why they would, can go live under your bed and the ones under your bed can live under mine given they like the smell of my stickers, which makes perfect sense," she said.

Dipper's jaw dropped wide open, "That...that's actually a very good idea Mabel. And here I was saying we should just switch which bed we sleep on," he said.

Mabel laughed, "guess I'm the brains now."

Dipper rolled his eyes again.

And so, Dipper and Mabel got the dust bunny boys....

"AND DUST BUNNY CLAN," yelled Ed.

Sorry.

And so, Dipper and Mabel got the dust bunny boys and clan switched around and with that, the two sides lived happily ever after.

All except for Mabel's nose who had to smell more of Dipper's dirty laundry as he now kept it all under his bed.

Good thing she had plenty of stickers to keep Dipper annoyed.