An Unlikely Match

"Why are you following me?"

"Huh? What do you mean? As if I have time to stalk you." The girl replied.

The tall boy shook his head in a disapproving manner and continued, "Come on Glasses, I may be an idiot but I'm not blind."

"Wait. What did you call me?"

"Huh? Glasses." A pause, "why, you wear them!" he blurted out in explanation.

"That's not my name. Call me Tomoe."

"T-tomoe?" A hint of surprise.

The girl turned towards him and nodded. "Yes Kotetsu, that is my name, you should use it."

He was puzzled. He thought being the class president, she was put here to reprimand him or ensure that he didn't get into trouble, or further trouble than he was in.

He turned to look at her, only to find her gone.

Figures.

*****
Kotetsu could see her. He didn't bother calling her out on it though. He figured she'd leave him alone soon or might lose interest.

He was used to it.

So to say he was surprised was an uderstatement when he felt her hand over his shoulder as she saw his paper.

Immediately he covered it, letting out an indignant squak.

"That's low...even for you." She mumbled. He didn't bother to reply. He had given up on that long ago.

He wasn't prepared for her to pull his paper from his hands and read it.

He would have, actually, he did try to pull it back, but stopped himself, fearing that his 'ham hands' would hurt her petite ones and the last thing he wanted to do was hurt someone.

So he stood there, awkwardly waiting for her to finish her little inspection.

"You're a genius, you know that?" Was not what he expected to hear.

At his dumbfounded expression, Tomoe just showed him her paper. "I got 98 and I'm the highest, but you should have gotten a 100. How did you know the answer to this-" she pointed at an answer on his paper, "I mean, I didn't know you knew anything in physics."

Kotetsu scoffed at that. He loved the subject. It was just his luck that people were either terrified of him or thought low of him. He could do nothing about prejudices and could do nothing when given an average grading.

"So why did you get a 67 when you should get a 100?"

Kotetsu just shrugged, "why do people blame others for things out of their control?" And walked off, "if you still want to be on top, best not to be with me."

But she still followed him.

"I saw you, the other day." Kotetsu looked at her to continue, "the fight. You didn't start it. You didn't even use your powers. They punched you and you pushed them back and ran."

"What are you getting at?"

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"No one would believe me." And God he tried before. "Even if they did, they wouldn't help a foreigner who towered over them." He saw her look at him with worry, so he smiled.

"Besides, it doesn't matter." No need to bother her and make her worried.

"Of course it does! This isn't right!" She shouted. Then she spoke softer, "Don't act like it's nothing. You're human too."

Smile still in place, Kotetsu replied, "I know. It'll somehow work out."

"Yeah. I'll fix it." She said.