Chapter 12 - Let's Go Home

The ambulance came and the hospital staffs transferred Chen's body in a stretcher. They put him inside and Lay sat beside the seat available.

Lay informed their manager and the members to what happened to Chen. When they arrived at the hospital, the other members came one by one. None of them are invited the Xiumin's wedding as the others have tight schedules.

"Is Chen going to be fine doc?" Lay asked.

"We'll try our best. But luckily he was brought here before he lost lots of blood." The doctor explained.

"But doc isn't those cuts deep?" Suho asked.

"It is and we will try our very best to treat him." The doctor said then finally they're left outside the operating room.

"Chen why are you doing this to yourself?" Suho frustratedly said.

"Hyung, Chen hyung will be fine." Sehun said as he tap his shoulder.

"I wish he will heal fast." Lay said and the others agreed.

After a few hours, the doctor went out and said that Chen is fine now. The others left the hospital and went home while Lay stayed their for a while.

When he entered the room he saw Chen crying and throwing tantrums.

"Why am I here? I want to die all the ones I loved left me already. What's the meaning of living anymore?" Chen said and cried.

To comfort Chen, Lay held the boy's hands and said, "I'm with you. You are not alone." And sat beside Chen.

With Lay's words, Chen stopped crying and calmed down. He rested his head on Lay's chest.

"I'm not going to leave you like everyone did." Lay consoled then brushed away the hair in his forehead.

"Where is Xiumin hyung?" Chen asked.

"Remember? It's his wedding today." Lay answered.

Lay looked at Chen's reaction and saw that he immediately became sad afterwards.

"You should rest for now. You must promise me that you will recover faster okay?" Lay asked and Chen nodded.

When Lay was outside of Chen's room, he sat at the bench and called Xiumin's number for several times now and finally he answered the call.

"Oh Lay! What's up? You've been calling me non-stop." Xiumin said.

"Uh-uhm I-it's C-Chen." Lay stuttered he can't hide the sadness now.

"Shh. Lay calm down and say it clearly." Xiumin's voice soothed Lay immediately.

"Okay Hyung, Chen decided to commit suicide earlier this day."

"W-what!? Why!? Is he okay now!?" Xiumin worriedly asked and is now panicking.

"Hyung he's safe now. But can you please come here? He's been calling your name ever since." Lay informed.

"Where are you? What's the address?" Xiumin said with shaking voice.

"Wait Hyung, what about your wife?" Lay asked a little puzzled.

"Oh about that, she ran away. She didn't showed up." Xiumin said.

"Oh I'm sorry to ask. I'll just send you the location okay? Bye." Lay said then hanged the call. Immediately after hanging the call, he sent Xiumin the exact location of the hospital.

* One Hour Later *

Xiumin arrived at the location Kay sent him and asked the front desk for Chen's room.

"He's at room 209 sir." The girl said.

"Thank you." Xiumin finally said after dashing to the said room.

Xiumin arrived at the room and saw Chen sleeping peacefully but suddenly, the peace was destroyed by the heart monitor producing a straight sound.

"HELP! HELP US PLEASE!" Xiumin shouted and immediately, a nurse and doctor entered the room.

Xiumin's legs grew weak and he kept stumbling on his tracks. A male nurse helped him up and let him rest at one of unoccupied room. He closed his eyes and immediately fell asleep.

"Hyung, hyung! Look at me!" A voice said and he opened his eyes and saw none other than Chen.

"Chen are you already treated? And where am I?" Xiumin asked Chen.

"I'm fine all along hyung but please don't forget me." Chen said weakly.

"What are you saying!? CHEN!" Xiumin said.

-

"Sir wake up!" The nurse earlier woke him up.

"Oh I'm sorry just a bad dream. Is Chen fine?" Xiumin asked.

"Yes sir. Luckily he was successfully revived. And sir, you seem weak earlier, are you okay?" The nurse asked.

"Oh yes I'm fine. I'm just not feeling well when I smell anesthetics and who wouldn't grow weak when one of your loved ones is in the verge of dying?" Xiumin explained.

"Right I need to go sir." The nurse said then left.

--

One week have passed and Chen is healing up quite fast. Xiumin was in the hospital to visit Chen when he entered the room, he sat beside Chen and stroked the strands of his hair blocking his eyes.

Chen probably is tired so he didn't woke him up and was about to leave when he hear Chen shouting his name.

"Xiumin hyung! Minseok hyung!" Chen shouted and with that, Xiumin sat beside him and lightly shook his shoulders to wake him up.

When Chen woke up he started breaking down again.

"Hyung I'm sorry I didn't attended your wedding! I'm sorry for breaking your trust! I know you're angry that I didn't attended your wedding so please for give me!" Chen cried and held Xiumin's hands like he's pleading.

"Hey Chen. It's not your fault okay? I should be the one saying sorry. I knew that your mother died that day that's why you can't come to my wedding. I should've comforted you that time because you looked so sad."  Xiumin said.

"Hyung didn't you two had honeymoon? It usually takes One week right?" Chen asked not knowing the fact that Xiumin's bride ran away.

"Oh I forgot to tell you… she didn't showed up that day." Xiumin said without any sadness.

"I'm sorry hyung I shouldn't have asked." Chen said then shut his mouth.

"It's okay." Xiumin said then continued brushing Chen's hair.

"The doctor said you can be discharged today so can we go home now?" Xiumin asked and Chen just nodded.

|EDITED|