• MEDICINAL •

"YOU'RE AWAKE," RAYLA UNNECESSARILY announced. "Good." She said to him as she sat on the edge of the panicking teen's bed. "I'm Dr. Rayla Adams, and that's my husband, Garry." She introduced.

Garry waved, beaming happily.

"Can you tell us what happened to you, sweetie?"

He was tense, pressing himself into the wall, but started to go limp the more his brows furrowed. "I... I can't..." He looked Rayla in the eyes, "Why can't I remember?"

Her eyes softened. "It could be a lot of things. When I found you on our doorstep you were half dead with a slow heartbeat and low body temperature. You still do. I've had to work damn hard to keep your numbers where they're supposed to be. It could be the large head wound on the back of your head— don't touch it! It could also just be that your mind blocked it off because you're not ready to remember. The mind is a strange thing, the way it works is still a mystery." Rayla knew he wasn't listening to her, his thoughts were drowning her out. She rested a hand on his arm lightly, which seemed to snap him out of it. "Hey. It's okay. We'll get through this. Can you tell us where you're from?"

The searching, confused furrow of his brow returned.

"Hey, that's okay, how about I tell you where you are now? Yeah? Sometimes that jogs the memory enough that you remember something as small as 'wrong city'. You're in our home in Manila."

He crinkled his nose, mumbling to himself, "Manila? Is that in California?"

Rayla snorted. "Not quite. You're in the Philippines."

The kid froze, looking at her in horror. "What?!"

Rayla frowned. "Okay, definitely far from home. Figured you were a navy brat or something seeing as you're speaking Filipino, but apparently not."

"I... I am?" The kid mumbled, fingers hovering over his mouth.

Rayla frowned worriedly, glancing back at her husband, as if to ask what she was supposed to do. This kid didn't know where he was, what he was speaking— next thing she knew, he'd be telling her— oh. Oh no. "...Do you remember your name..?" Rayla asked him hesitantly.

"I..." His frown deepened. "I don't know..."

[Told ya you'd hate me Unknown_Avocado !]