• KID •

"J-azz con-tact-ed m-e. W-ants m-e to pu-t h-er in-t-o th-e em-ergen-cy ch-an-nel." Tucker relates to Sam shakily as they stand in the street, him with his phone out.

Sam looks at him. "Do it. She may've been drifting further away then the others have, but we were all hit hard. She deserves to know. If she feels the need to ask that, that means that she's too far out to get back in time." Her voice showed her shift from scared teen to logical soldier clear as day.

Tucker wished he could do that.

Sam walked over to Dani, calling behind her, "Get your gear and head for HQ. I'll get Dani and the Fentons."

Tucker nodded and ran off, leaving Sam to get Dani and the Fenton parents.

"Dani!" Sam called. "I know it's interesting, but--"

Dani slammed her into a nearby wall with inhuman speed, snarling. "Why didn't you tell me?!" She chokes out her demand, ecto-green tears blossoming in her narrowed eyes, face twisted into a pained snarl. "Why?! Why didn't you?! You're supposed to be his friends, my friends! Why didn't you tell me?! Why?!!" She yelled in her face, hand pressed to the base of Sam's throat, Sam, who just glared as Dani's shout steadily rose to a pained scream.

Sam's jaw pulsed. She kept glaring, waiting for Dani's anger to fizzle out, which it did quickly. "It hurts, I know, but right now we're dealing with a possibly extinction level event. I need you to have your head screwed on straight. I'll explain everything once we're safe." She explained calmly. "Got it?"

Dani's own jaw pulsed before immediately releasing the older girl, taking a large step back, holding a slightly defensive stance. "...Alright," She bit out tersely, beginning to float up, eyes crackling. "but you will explain." She then flew off, grabbing up both Fentons and zipping after Tucker.

Sam leans back on the wall, hitting her head on the wall, eyes fluttering shut. She sighed shakily, fighting down tears.

"Sam..?"

"Yeah, Danny?"

"If... If I die... Take care of my kid..."