• LIVE •

"TODAY WE MOURN ONE OF OUR own." Lance Thunder's voice echoes sadly through the classroom. "Daniel 'Danny' Fenton, late son of inventors and Ghost Experts Jack and Maddie Fenton, was murdered under a fallen building last week in a brutal attack from Vlad Plasmius, or the Wisconsin Ghost. Danny Phantom has... yet to of been found..." Lance says hesitantly, for the first time since the broadcast started, eyes meeting the camera before flicking back to the ground. "One would think the Fentons would be blaming Phantom for their son's death, but Jack Fenton has made it clear that he saved his life and then went back in to save Danny's. ...He has also made it clear that based on how Danny was found... Phantom... Phantom died trying to save him... Past that, they have refused to make comments. The Mayor had this to say."

The screen flicks to Vlad Masters, who was stone faced, eyes red, though you could tell it had to of been filmed prior to the broadcast, as the news was live and it was pouring like the sky was weeping for Danny just like his family. "This loss is devastating, and furthermore, a travesty. Daniel Fenton has been murdered by a ruthless ghost with no concern for humanity. I promise you, it will not happen again."

Some of the kids in the class glanced back wearily at the three empty chairs.

Two because they were absent... one because they were dead...

Lance was back again, this time tears blurred with rain. He didn't seem to realize that they were broadcasting. "Who could do that, Benny? Who could kill someone that young? I-I-- I just... I don't understand! Wh-Who could do something like this?!" Benny, the camera man, slowly, quietly said, "I dunno, man, but... w-we're live..." Lance blinks in surprise, scrubs his face with his sleeve, sniffs, clears his throat a bit and says, "Danny's death has hit the town hard, and their are missing hero isn't inspiring confidence, and as more and more ghost attacks occurring daily, the need for our hero increases exponentially."

A quiet sob is heard from somewhere in the room.

"Amity Park has never had a darker hour."