Chapter 33: The Golden Voice In Times Of Need

Start from the beginning

********************************************************

I shot up from my blankets, letting out a loud and obnoxious yelp, tears running down my face. I tried to hide my fear-filled hiccups and annoying sobs, covering my mouth with my hand, grabbing Ickbar from my blankets and hugging him to my chest, closing my eyes tightly to evade the ever-lasting picture of Mark out of my head. But I couldn't shake the image of Mark out of my head. It was heartbreaking and impossible. I couldn't shut up, I couldn't calm down. Not wanting to wake anyone up, I kept my mouth covered and my eyes closed in my corner, shivering and crying like an idiot.

My eyes still closed, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, hugging me, trying to calm me by saying I was okay. It wasn't Trace though... The voice was different. It was Derek... He hugged me tightly, telling me that it was okay, that it was just a dream and it was alright. Derek held me to his chest, reassuring I was okay, that nothing was going to hurt me, what happened was just a bad dream.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up..." I said quietly.

"It's alright, Chloe. I was already up. Don't apologize," he responded. Derek isn't one to talk ever or at all, so he must've known it was bad if he made himself speak up.

Stacy's POV.

"You're joking me, right?" Trace asked as we sat awake in the other room away from everyone else. He couldn't help but giggle.

"Trace, it's not funny, okay? I'm serious. Stop laughing," I scolded.

"Stace, sweetie, you realize how screwed up this is, right? As one of your best guy friends, I encourage you to stop."

"I know it's messed up, Trace... I shouldn't think like that about someone who is theoretically dead... But I can't help it, I don't know what to do..."

"How long has your mind been playing this cruel joke on you? Days? Weeks? The entire time?"

"Not the entire time... I guess a long time though. Even more-so the past almost two weeks... There's nothing I can do though, and it's killing me," I confessed.

"Okay, look. When we find him, or when he comes back around-"

"If, Trace. If."

"No, when. When he comes back to us, you should tell him. I'm sure he'll understand. He's a good guy, you deserve the chance."

"I'm surprised you aren't telling me to back off, honestly," I chuckled lightly.

"Stacy, Mark isn't gay. I don't have a chance. But believe me when I tell you I wish he was. Because nobody should have legal right to be that attractive."

"Trace!"

"I'm only telling the truth. He's fucking gorgeous." Both of us laughed at Trace's statement.

"You have to be the most truthful person I know, seriously. It's hilarious."

"Just another reason I am one of the best there is," he boasted, grinning like a child.

"I can't tell him. I'm not saying anything. It'd be wrong place, wrong time, wrong world. I should just forget it. It's illogical and stupid, let's face it."

"Stace, if you don't, I will."

"No," I demanded. "you won't."

"I will. You know that I will."

"Then I'll tell him about you."

"Like I've got something to lose. Nice try."

"You won't tell Mark anything. Nothing. Not a damn thing or so help me, you will magically disappear. I can make it happen, Trace. I'll do it if you tell him."