Chapter 28: Wake Up Call

Mark's POV.

"Day eleven, and you still haven't woken up..." There's that girl's voice again! "Hopefully, however, you will soon. I just don't want it to take too long..."

I am awake, I swear. Just, please, help me out here. I want to wake up fully. I'm trying my damnedest to wake up, see where I am and who you are. But I can't. Something's not letting me... I want to get out of this helpless and presumed 'comatose' state. I want to talk, move, open my eyes and see you. You took me in, knowing that I was near death, but you took me into your place and you're taking care of me. I'd thank you, but I won't speak.

"Everyday your face looks just a tiny bit more sunken in. Not noticeable really, but I see it. I'm trying to help you. And I'm not going to give up until you're completely fine and awake. Every day that passes, I lose more of my memory of your laugh, your smiling face, your cheesy and ridiculous jokes, you as Markiplier and Mark Fischbach. I keep beckoning you to wake up, but my attempts are proven futile. That's why I feel bad for you. I can't help you wake up... I feel terrible for not being able to do much." C'mon Mark, move you stupid sack of trash! Do it! Move! Talk! Open your eyes and see the world! See the one and only person who saved your damn life!

I did. I moved. Just barely. Please tell me she can see this. I'm trying, I'm barely moving. I lifted my left hand up just slightly. Please tell me you saw that. You have to know I'm trying my hardest. You have to know I can hear you.

"What was that..? Did you just- did you just move? Or are you stirring...? It happens, I guess. To a lot of people whilst in the same state you are. Okay... I'm gonna try something here. Hey, if you can hear me, and I mean if you can actually here me... Please, can you move your hand again..?" Dammit Mark, do it. You did it before, do it again! C'mon, c'mon! Why the fuck aren't you moving!? Move, you idiot! Don't kid yourself! Do it! Don't rip apart the only bit of hope you gave this girl! Move! "I guess you just stirred..."

Dammit! You idiot! There you go again, ruining everything for someone that needs you! Mark, I swear on anything and everything you've ever loved or believed in, if you don't accomplish the most simple task in the entire world, just moving your hand, you don't want to know what I'll do when you find a way to move later. Fricking do it! Move! It's the least you could do! In the past eleven days, you've messed up a lot of people's lives. Fifteen people to be exact! The least you could do is help this one girl. Give her back the hope you're taking away from her. Just do something. Come on. Help yourself out dude. Seriously. Try this.

"I don't know if you're move cause you can hear me, or if it's just the usual thing people do whilst in the state you're in. Do something different. Move your other hand..? I'll wait longer." I'll do you one better.

(Song on right! 'Hero' by Skillet!)

Come on, Mark, open your eyes. You've got this. Life or death, buddy. Tom and your mother, or your father in a place you may not even believe in. No, I'm not ready for the blackness, no! No, don't you do this! Don't let go of the only hope you've got!

************************************

"What did I do wrong!? I was trying to wake up! Why are you doing this to me!? Whoever you are, a 'god', you have no fucking right to take my life away from me when not two seconds ago, I was fine! Get me out of here! I didn't do anything wrong! Just leave me alone!"

There's nothing this time. No bright white lights, no people, just an echo in the pitch black darkness. My wounds were bleeding and unwrapped, just like the second they were inflicted. Same pain level too. The bite stung my shoulder beyond belief and the scratch in my arm sent drops of blood to splash onto the ground below me. I felt the blood running down my arm, falling off my fingertips. I couldn't be anywhere good. Somewhere that'll let me go so easily as before.

"What do you want from me!? Let me go, you sick bastard! I want to go back! Why are you doing this to me!? Just let me go back! This isn't fair! Please!"

I look down and there's a note sitting in front of me. I pick it up and notice that I can't recognize the handwriting. Who wrote this? Why is this being given to me?

Seems you're in a tight situation. I can't 'let you go', that girl has to save you. She's got only mere minutes to do so. Starting, now. She doesn't seem to believe she can help you anymore... Sorry kid. You're a little screwed.

"No! No, help me! Please! Bring me back! C'mon! Help me!" I pleaded, hoping she could hear me. I needed her to hear me...

The room light up dimly and I saw something dark running itself across the floor, it looked like black vines, steadily coming closer to me. I looked down at the note in my hands and it changed. 'Run', was written on it. 'Don't let it catch you. You'll die'.

I dropped the paper and stumbled backwards, trying to get away from the dark ropes that were mere yards away from me. Once I moved back, they jolted towards me, wrapping around my ankle as I turned to run. I tripped and fell, my shoulder unable to let my arm support my fall. My other arm useless too, bleeding intensely. I reached out for anything that could save me, that I could hold on to, and there was nothing. I tried calling out, but the ropes wrapped around my mouth, silencing me. I turned on my back and tried kicking the vines away with my free leg, trying to uncover my mouth with my hands as I was dragged fast across the ground. The vines let loose of my mouth, but wrapped around my waist, keeping a tight grip, making sure I wasn't going anywhere.

"Let me go!" I shouted. "Leave me alone! I can't die! No! My brother and Chloe need me! I need them! Let go of me!" I pleaded, but the ropes kept dragging me across the floor. "That girl has to save me! Help me! I need a hero right about now! I need a wake up call! C'mon! Please, get me out of here!"

I saw part of the ground open up in front of me about thirty yards away. That's where the vines were coming from. That's where I was going. Come on kid. Get me out of here. Please just get me out of here. The ropes kept retreating into the opening of the ground. Ten yards. I'm so dead. I can't stop this, I'm just a man, not superhuman. How can I rely on a kid to save my life? She'd already saved me once, that was the one blessing I get. At least now my notes make sense. I said I was dead, now I am.

Unknown POV.

"No! Come on, don't you dare go out on me! I helped your ass once, why are you making me again!? Come on!"

'Don't let him be dead, don't let the lights go out on him.' I told myself.

I kept shaking his shoulder, raising my voice at him, telling Mark not to leave. He can't die, not today, not ever, not in this world. He wouldn't move though. He wouldn't breathe. I couldn't feel his heartbeat anymore. He's been gone too long to bring him back... Markiplier is, is gone... No, not him. Please not him. Come on, this isn't fair. Why him..?

"No! Why are you doing this!? Quit screwing around, wake up! No, you can't be dead! Please no!"

Suddenly, Mark turned on his side, almost falling off of the couch and started coughing harshly, throwing his blankets on the floor. My eyes widened in disbelief as Mark stopped coughing and laid on his back, breathing heavily, trying to regain his senses as he looked around. His gaze fell on me and stopped, his once soft and knowing eyes that I knew as a fan, had turned dazed, confused and perplex. Giving off an unreadable expression. I wasn't sure what to do, what to say. I guess he noticed it was a little too quiet also.

"So," he breathed. "for my height I'm not a lightweight..?" Mark said sarcastically. He really did hear me... "Mark," he introduced himself, holding out his hand slightly from where he laid. "but, you already knew that. What about you?"

"Me?" I asked shyly. "Um, I, I'm Sam..."

(A/N. OHMYGOD. New requested character! Woohoo! We have entered Sam into the mix! Kudos to you for saving Mark's life! Sorry for the slight pause in updates and such, been a little flustered with how to end this chapter. O.o Anywho... Thank you all so much for reading, and let's all welcome SAM into The Damage Has Been Done! *round of applause* I love all the votes and comments and messages from you all about this story AND others I've written! You guys ROCK! So stay fabulous my friends, and as always, I'll see you all in the next part! Buh-Bye! *waves* ~Melynda! Aka Luxor.)