LIVING FOR YOU

(Recap - Things get rough between Leonard and Katy, as photos of Leonard with another woman, named Bethany Kunis, goes viral and Leonard refuses to explain anything about it. Charlotte goes to take help of Mr Ellington to work things out between their best friends. What she finds is quite shocking and now Katy's life may be in danger.)

~~~~~

"You've turned my world upside down
My life is spinning 'round you now
All of me
All of you...
I'll let my light shine for you.
Nothing's gonna stop me now
I'm living for you"

                               ~ Gateway worship

-------------------------------------------------------
The car was running through the crowded London streets of the evening at lightning speed. It was a miracle that we were still alive, not dead bodies inside a crushed Lamborghini.

From the corner of my eyes, I looked at the driver's seat beside me and also at the backside through the mirror.

The driver, Leonard Beards, clenching his jaws almost to the breaking point, was driving the car like an airplane to reach to his girlfriend as quickly as possible.

The passenger at the backseat, none other than my personal secretary, Miss Charlotte Mia Thorne, was gripping the seatbelt as if her life depended on it. Her eyes were tightly shut and she was muttering something under her breath - maybe a prayer to prevent us from having a car accident or to save her best friend from the goons - or maybe for both...

The situation did not look promising.

Well, excluding myself, of course.

"Really! Then why are you clenching your wristwatch to the point of breaking it?" Chirped my inner voice.

As usual, I ignored the comment and focused on drawing the most suitable plan to save Katherine Martinez when we reach her apartment.

The Kunis President was not a fool. He also earned a name for vengeance. He would play all dirty to teach Leonard a lesson for messing with his daughter and collecting secret information in the process. As Leonard's sister was out of the country at that moment, the most vulnerable target was his girlfriend - Katherine Martinez.

*****
As we neared Miss Martinez's apartment, we saw a large, black Range Rover parked in front of it.

So, it was not some secret mission to kidnap the girlfriend. They wanted to encounter us and deliver a message from their head.

So be it. They didn't know with whom they were playing.

I dialed Romeo's number. The Alpha team was on its way.

"Romeo, hurry up, we'll barge in now", I ordered him and cut off.

At that moment, my secretary let out a surprised gasp. Following her gaze, I found Leonard pulling out his gun from the glove box. He got down from the car and clicked the gun smoothly.

The two of us followed.

I could feel Miss Thorne practically shaking in nervousness. And Leonard was unnaturally calm and collected. His whole body was emanating a dangerous aura. He was there to kill or be killed.

I touched his tensed shoulder and said, "The Alpha shall be here in seven minutes. Don't do anything stupid, Leonard."

He gave a curt nod and moved towards the main door, the gun raised in his hand.

I moved in the direction of the backdoor with my secretary scurrying behind me.

"I-is it really okay to leave him alone to barge inside?" She asked.