A FAMILIAL MEETING

"You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues..."

- John Legend.

--------------------------------

All I wanted to do was to show people how unaffected she was by me, how my attention repelled her, how she wanted me to stop.

But she kept on doing exactly the opposite.

She melted in my arms... Closed her eyes in passion... Parted her lips with a contented sigh... Pressed herself closer to my body.

She made the fake kiss so real that for a moment even I forgot about my 'perfect plan' and gave in to the sensation....

It felt like a lifetime ago I last tasted her lips with mine... That so drugging taste and the heady scent of her ensnared every sane portion of my consciousness... I easily let myself forget about hundreds of other people present... Their curious gazes and eager murmurs... I easily forgot that we were in for a very, very dangerous game... That there was a person set out to destroy me, my career... There were men who wanted to own her for themselves... I had to be strong and save both of us from this near impossible situation...

All that mattered were just her soft and warm body pressed against mine in a dangerous eagerness...

With inhuman effort, I controlled myself. The part that wanted to protect her emerged victorious over the part that wanted to devour her. My mind quickly returned to reality.

I said resolutely to her as well as myself,

"Resist me."

*******************

I was standing in one dark corner of the ballroom, from where I could have a good view of almost everyone, especially the Violet Secretary.

She was holding quite exceptionally well, to be honest. I never expected her to last for more than ten minutes. Yet, she managed to escape with a newfound boldness.

The look on the face of the CEO of Andrews Corporation was priceless when my secretary all but emptied her glass of red wine on him.

I couldn't help but smirk.

It served the bastard right. He was a man known to have a rather unhealthy weakness for the fairer sex. He held them as things to be used, one way or another. All the secretaries who worked for him were said to be either seduced or tricked by him to share his bed.

The thought that he would win her as a prize in gamble and own her as a possession made my blood boil.

Had he been successful in unmasking her, I swear, I would have destroyed his company singlehandedly within three days.

Her scared whisper was still echoing in my head,

"O-Other men w-will be touching me like this?"

And each time any man was trying to touch her, grab her or make her uncomfortable in any way, I noted their names in my mind.

Play dirty with my secretary, men and within a month you'll notice a mysterious downfall in your profits. I will have my sweet revenge on you and you would be none the wiser.

"Hmm.... Aren't you a bit over protective about this secretary of yours, Rick? "

"And who asked for your opinion?"

"Oh, me?! As your good ol' inner voice, it's my duty to provide you with insightful opinions."